#3467 - Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2009
      #3467 - Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      In this issue an excerpt from Sobriety and Inspiration, by Richard G. Hartnett. This book is designed to bring about a shift from ego consciousness to nondual awareness.

      Richard G. Hartnett,MA ,MS , LCADC,isaformerJesuitpriest ,aformerchaplain at HazeldenNew York ,and currentlyalicensedclinicalalcoholanddrug counselorinprivatepracticeinNew Jersey .

      Excerpts from Sobriety and Inspiration: Entrusting Ourselves

       to the Source of Our Healing and Creativity

      by Richard G. Hartnett

      MEDITATION TO LET GOD BE OUR CENTER

      I was to test my thinking by the new God-consciousness within.

      - AlcoholicsAnonymous , pg. 13.

                  Wehavebeenlivingout ofa self-centeredperspectiveforsolong ,wenowwonderwhatwillhappen tousifweletGodbecomeour center.  Eventhoughitwasconfiningandfrustrating ,stillwewereaccustomed toouregocentriclifestyle.  Andwefeltwewereinaposition tosatisfyourdesireswithouthaving toplease anyoneelse.

                  Buttherewasalsoasteepprice topay.  Most ofall ,wewerelonely.  Wemayhavehadfriendsandevenlovers ,butwestillfeltdistantfromeveryone.  Nomatterhowmuchwemighthavedoneforothers ,westillfelt unappreciated.  Wewerelocked intoourseparateselves ,andsowecouldnÂ’tunitewith anyone.

                  Sohowcanweshiftfromtrying to