#3458 - Monday, March 2, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009
      #3458 - Monday, March 2, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      God stood up

      We were rowing ashore
      With very little freeboard
      God saw something and
      Sprang to his feet
      The whole boat tipped over

      He was just splashing about
      Not a care in the world

      It's alright for him
      He doesn't have to
      Pay for the funerals

      That will do for God

      If there's something
      Even one little thing
      That you don't know
      THAT will  do for God!

      It won't be long before you can
      Add something else
      And God comes further out of hiding

      From there it's not such a big step
      To realize you actually know nothing
      Then
      Bingo!
      God becomes everything

      from http://www.advaitanotebook.com/

      This site, by Peter Marjason has a delightfully humorous
      take on nonduality, expressed in poems and pithy sayings.

      If you don’t know what’s
      Going on
      And yet it still happens
      Maybe your understanding
      Isn’t required

      Thinking you are enlightened
      Is a big mistake
      As big as thinking
      You are unenlightened

      Mumonkan Centre Las Alpujarras, Granada, Spain
      Events 2009

      We are currently planning the workshops, seminars and retreats for 2009 and will list these with full details shortly.

      If you would like to be included on our mailing list please contact us

      Calendar

      Amit Goswami - Evening Seminar on Quantum Consciousness (evening Seminar)
      May 29, 2009 (Central Granada, Spain)
      Amit Goswami - Quantum Consciousness and Yoga Psychology (Saturday Workshop)
      May 30, 2009 (Granada, Spain)
      Dzogchen Meditation Retreat (7 days)
      Jun 20, 2009 - Jun 27, 2009 (Juviles, La Alpujarra, Granada, Spain)

      Coming Soon
      Non Dual author Roy Whenary will lead a workshop at Mumonkan in 2009.

      Why is the Winter Light

      Why is the winter light
      disturbing, and who
      if anyone shares this impression?
      If somebody enters the room
      am I going to stop being afraid?
      Why am I afraid
      to go grocery shopping?
      I suppose there is a pill for that, but
      why? Surrounded by so vast
      a cloud of witnesses
      why do I feel this alone
      in the first place? Is heaven a place
      and if so, will our poor
      hairy speechless forebears-
      all millions of years of them-
      be there to greet us
      if and when we arrive? The meek
      shall inherit Auschwitz, too,
      if they're not careful. Where to such obscenities
      of thought originate? And are the words
      we speak being mercilessly recorded, or
      are we speaking the already written
      premeditated words? Why
      do I want to live
      forever, and the next day
      fervently wish I had died
      when I was young? Why do I abruptly feel blessed?
      And if (and it does) this city harbors
      a single individual suffering
      unendurably, am I
      prepared to take his place?

      *

      Empty me of the bitterness and disappointment of being nothing but
      myself
      Immerse me in the mystery of reality
      Fill me with love for the truly afflicted
      that hopeless love, if need be
      make me one of them again --
      Awaken me to the reality of this place
      and from the longed-for or remembered place
      And more than thus, behind each face
      induct, oh introduce me in --
      to the halting disturbed ungrammatical soundless
      words of others' thoughts
      not the drivel coming out of our mouths
      Blot me out, fill me with nothing but consciousness
      of the holiness, the meaning
      of these unseeable, all
      these unvisitable worlds which surround me:
      others' actual thoughts -- everything
      I can't perceive yet
      know

      know it is there.