#3447 - Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2009
      #3447 - Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      To live is so startling,
      It leaves little time for
      Anything else.
      – Emily Dickinson

      There is no greater mystery than this, that we keep
      seeking reality though in fact we are reality.  We
      think that there is something hiding reality and that
      this must be destroyed before reality is gained. How

                           - Sri Ramana Maharshi

      posted to Along The Way

      "When one realizes unerringly the abiding nature of the mind,
      appearances will not cease but will emerge as indistinguishable from
      the intrinsic nature of the mind.  The Vajrapanjara clarifies:  'All
      appearances such as form, do not have any external reality apart from
      the mind. They are all but manifestations of the mind.'"
      - Takpo Tashi Namgyal

      From the book; "Mahamudra, The Quintessence of Mind and Meditation,"
      published by Shambhala.
      posted to Daily Dharma

      "When we are empty of ego we, too, can carry on in calm acceptance of
      life's varying events. When we cease making prejudicial distinctions -
      gentle or harsh, beautiful or ugly, good or bad - a peaceful stillness
      will permeate our mind. If there is no ego, there is no agitation."

       - Han Shan

      From the website
      posted to Daily Dharma

      Shunryu Suzuki
      • "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity."
      • "Our tendency is to be interested in something that is growing in the garden, not in the bare soil itself. But if you want to have a good harvest, the most important thing is to make the soil rich and cultivate it well."
      • "So the secret is just to say 'Yes!' and jump off from here. Then there is no problem. It means to be yourself, always yourself, without sticking to an old self."
      • "When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself."
      • "Zazen practice is the direct expression of our true nature. Strictly speaking, for a human being, there is no other practice than this practice; there is no other way of life than this way of life."
      • "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few."
      • "Life and death are the same thing. When we realize this fact, we have no fear of death anymore, nor actual difficulty in our life."
      • "As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw."
      • "The way that helps will not be the same; it changes according to the situation."

      Look at Love...
      - Rumi

      Look at Love...
      how it tangles
      with the one fallen in love

      look at spirit
      how it fuses with earth
      giving it new life

      why are you so busy
      with this or that or good or bad
      pay attention to how things blend

      why talk about all
      the known and the unknown
      see how unknown merges into the known

      why think separately
      of this life and the next
      when one is born from the last

      look at your heart and tongue
      one feels but deaf and dumb
      the other speaks in words and signs

      look at water and fire
      earth and wind
      enemies and friends all at once

      the wolf and the lamb
      the lion and the deer
      far away yet together

      look at the unity of this
      spring and winter
      manifested in the equinox

      you too must mingle my friends
      since the earth and the sky
      are mingled just for you and me

      be like sugarcane
      sweet yet silent
      don't get mixed up with bitter words

      my beloved grows
      right out of my own heart
      how much more union can there be

      - translated by Nader Khalili
      posted to Allspirit Inspiration by Gill Eardley