#3447 - Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
- #3447 - Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
The Nonduality Highlights - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlightsTo live is so startling,
It leaves little time for
Emily DickinsonThere is no greater mystery than this, that we keep
seeking reality though in fact we are reality. We
think that there is something hiding reality and that
this must be destroyed before reality is gained. How
- Sri Ramana Maharshi
posted to Along The Way"When one realizes unerringly the abiding nature of the mind,
appearances will not cease but will emerge as indistinguishable from
the intrinsic nature of the mind. The Vajrapanjara clarifies: 'All
appearances such as form, do not have any external reality apart from
the mind. They are all but manifestations of the mind.'"
- Takpo Tashi Namgyal
From the book; "Mahamudra, The Quintessence of Mind and Meditation,"
published by Shambhala.
posted to Daily Dharma"When we are empty of ego we, too, can carry on in calm acceptance of
life's varying events. When we cease making prejudicial distinctions -
gentle or harsh, beautiful or ugly, good or bad - a peaceful stillness
will permeate our mind. If there is no ego, there is no agitation."
- Han Shan
From the website
http://www.hsuyun.org/Dharma/zbohy/Literature/HanShan/hanshan-maxims.htmlposted to Daily Dharma
Look at Love...- Rumi
- "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity."
- "Our tendency is to be interested in something that is growing in the garden, not in the bare soil itself. But if you want to have a good harvest, the most important thing is to make the soil rich and cultivate it well."
- "So the secret is just to say 'Yes!' and jump off from here. Then there is no problem. It means to be yourself, always yourself, without sticking to an old self."
- "When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself."
- "Zazen practice is the direct expression of our true nature. Strictly speaking, for a human being, there is no other practice than this practice; there is no other way of life than this way of life."
- "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few."
- "Life and death are the same thing. When we realize this fact, we have no fear of death anymore, nor actual difficulty in our life."
- "As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw."
- "The way that helps will not be the same; it changes according to the situation."
Look at Love...
how it tangles
with the one fallen in love
look at spirit
how it fuses with earth
giving it new life
why are you so busy
with this or that or good or bad
pay attention to how things blend
why talk about all
the known and the unknown
see how unknown merges into the known
why think separately
of this life and the next
when one is born from the last
look at your heart and tongue
one feels but deaf and dumb
the other speaks in words and signs
look at water and fire
earth and wind
enemies and friends all at once
the wolf and the lamb
the lion and the deer
far away yet together
look at the unity of this
spring and winter
manifested in the equinox
you too must mingle my friends
since the earth and the sky
are mingled just for you and me
be like sugarcane
sweet yet silent
don't get mixed up with bitter words
my beloved grows
right out of my own heart
how much more union can there be
- translated by Nader Khaliliposted to Allspirit Inspiration by Gill Eardley