#3443 - Saturday, February 14, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3443, Saturday, February 14, 2009

      I have never met a person whose greatest need was anything other than real, unconditional love. You can find it in a simple act of kindness toward someone who needs help. There is no mistaking love. You feel it in your heart. It is the common fiber of life, the flame that heats our soul, energizes our spirit and supplies passion to our lives. It is our connection to God and to each other.

      - Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, posted to The_Now2

      The person who doesn't fit in with our notions of who is worthy of our love - the bag lady at the corner, the strange man who rides through town on a three wheel bike all strung up with flags - is just the person who, by not fitting into our patterns, insists that we expand not only our views but also our capacity to love.

      Today, see if you can stretch your heart and expand your love so that it touches not only those whom you can give it easily, but also those who need it so much.

      - Daphne Rose Kingma, posted to The_Now2

      Love is a force that connects us to every strand of the universe, an unconditional state that characterizes human nature, a form of knowledge that is always there for us if only we can open ourselves to it.

      - Emily Hilburn Sell, posted to The_Now2

      Love is not what we become but who we already are.

      - Stephen Levine, posted to The_Now2

      Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

      - Rumi, posted to The_Now2

      Only if one knows the truth of love, which is the real nature of Self, will the strong entangled knot of life be untied. Only if one attains the height of love will liberation be attained. Such is the heart of all religions. The experience of Self is only love, which is seeing only love, hearing only love, feeling only love, tasting only love and smelling only love, which is bliss.

      - Ramana Maharshi

      Love is will, the will to share your happiness with all. Being happy, making happy, this is the rhythm of love.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      By all means be selfish; the right way. Wish yourself well, labour at what is good for you. Destroy all that stands between you and happiness. Be all; love all; be happy; make happy. No happiness is greater.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj