#3433 - Wednesday, February 4, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2009
      #3433 - Wednesday, February 4, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Zen Mind

      The mind of people of the Way is straight as a bowstring. Simply
      because they are not burdened by ideas of others and themselves,
      of right and wrong, of sacred and profane, of better and worse, or
      by deception, falsehood, flattery, or deviousness, they spontaneously
      gain access to the substance of mind that dwells on nothing.

      Fundamentally this is not another, not oneself, not ordinary, not
      holy, not mind, not Buddha, not a thing, not Zen, not Tao, not a
      mystery,not a marvel.

      It is only because of a moment of subjectivity in discrimination,
      grasping and rejecting, that so many horns are suddenly produced on
      your head and you are turned about by those myriad objects all the
      time, unable to be free and independent.

      Zen Master Yuansou
      'Zen Essence' Translated and Edited by Thomas Cleary

      ---
      gill
      http://allspirit.co.uk

      You are what all happenings happen in.
      What happens must happen so remain
      unaffected as peace.  Be peaceful and
      this peace will spread.  What rises from
      peace is peace and what rises from
      confusion is confusion.  So be peace and
      give this to the universe, it is all you
      should do.  Even thinking "I am peace"
      disturbs this peace, so just be quiet,
      be as you are.

                           - Papaji
      posted to Along The Way

      comment:
      Of course, like anything, people can 'fake' within themselves, a
      feeling of peace ... until something happens that manages to pull them
      out of their fixed STATE. But if the peace comes from continual
      present moment awareness, this cannot happen. Continual present
      moment awareness IS peace ... it is not an artificial state.

      - Roy Whenary

      Wonderful Niz ....

      "True happiness is uncaused and this cannot disappear for lack of stimulation. It is not the opposite of sorrow, it includes all sorrow and suffering..... Pleasure depends on things, happiness does not."

      From 'I Am That',  p.486
      posted by Mazie Lane

      True Compassion

      What is the experience of true compassion? While recognizing mind essence, there’s some sense of being wide awake and free. At the same time, there’s some tenderness that arises without any cause or condition. There is a deep-felt sense of being tender. Not sad in a depressed way, but tender, and somewhat delighted at the same time. There’s a mixture. There’s no sadness for oneself. Nor is there sadness for anyone in particular either. It’s like being saturated with juice, just like an apple is full of juice.

      -Tsoknyi Rinpoche, “Dissolving the Confusion,” Spring 1999 Tricycle

       "Enlightenment is the easiest way in the world to live. What's hard, grim, grisly, depressing, miserable, and oppressive is ego. And when we're identified with that little illusion of a separate self, we don't realize that the whole universe is behind us. That little ego is, in fact, an illusion, and everything that is true and authentic—all of the love, the awareness, the gratitude, the expansiveness, the generosity, the kindness—that's who we are. That spirit is who we are and it's calling us home."

      ~Cheri Huber
      From her web site:
      http://www.cherihuber.com

      posted to Daily Dharma