#3417 - Monday, January 19, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2009

      #3417 - Monday, January 19, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      You who want

      By Hadewijch
      (13th Century)

      English version by Jane Hirshfield

      You who want
      knowledge,
      seek the Oneness
      within

      There you
      will find
      the clear mirror
      already waiting

      It is spring in the mountains,
      I come alone seeking you.
      The sound of chopping wood echoes
      between the silent peaks.
      The streams are still icy,
      there is snow on the trail.
      At sunset I reach your grove
      in the stony mountain pass.
      You want nothing, although at night
      you can see the aura of gold
      and silver ore all around you.
      You have learned to be gentle
      as the mountain deer you have tamed.
      The way back forgotten, hidden away
      I become like you,
      an empty boat,
      floating,
      adrift.
      words of Tu-Fu,
      written on the wall at Chang's hermitage

      from Tom McFerren

      "I am learning to see. I don't know why it is, but everything
      penetrates more deeply into me and does not stop at the place
      where until now it always used to finish. I have an inner self of
      which I was ignorant. Everything goes thither now, what happens
      there I do not know."

      Rainer Maria Rilke

      from Tom McFerren

      "To repeat an important point: What is recognized is that there is no
      'thing' to recognize. Nondual awareness is not a thing that can be
      identified or pinpointed. This is most essential because without recognizing
      that there is no thing to recognize, you will always hold onto some idea
      about the awakened state. Clinging to subject and object in the recognition
      is none other than a dualistic frame of mind. Recognize that there is no
      thing to recognize (grasp, know or understand), then totally let go of
      clinging to "things" and relax deeply into the open spaciousness. Remain
      without observer and observed. As long as there is something to identify or
      think about there is still concept. It is this dualistic mind of continually
      affirming or denying that is exhausting."

      Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche

      posted to Open Awareness by Rob Matthews

      I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

      Abraham Lincoln

      Psalms 15

      Lord, who can be trusted with power,
      and who may act in your place?
      Those with a passion for justice,
      who speak the truth from their hearts;
      who have let go of selfish interests
      and grown beyond their own lives;
      who see the wretched as their family
      and the poor as their flesh and blood.
      They alone are impartial
      and worthy of the people's trust.
      Their compassion lights up the whole earth,
      and their kindness endures forever.

      (A Book of Psalms, translations by Stephen Mitchell)