#3403 - Friday, January 2, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2009
      #3403 - Friday, January 2, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      “What it is that dwelleth here,
      I know not.
      But my heart stands in awe
      And the tears trickle down.”

      - 11th Cent Japan

      People are so absorbed in chasing what
      they consider to be happiness that they do
      not have either the time or the inclination
      to stop and wonder if the kind of happiness
      they imagine is even worth having.

                               - Ramesh S. Balsekar

      posted to Along The Way

      Enlightenment is the great and final disappointment,
      the dissolution of all our egoic fantasies and grand hopes.

      - Chogyam Trungpa

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      The Fire of a Broken Heart

      EVERYONE'S HEART IS BREAKING. Everyone's clothes are on fire, but very few notice it. It is rare and wonderful when we do notice it. You may be at a point where you can no longer rationalize or intellectualize your situation, where you can no longer defend yourself or whatever you think you are. As painful as it may feel, this is a gift. How extraordinary that you can no longer lie to yourself! You can no longer lie to the world. The only thing left to do is to let your heart break wide open.

      This song of true sadness is heard when we discover, without mental, emotional or psychological defense, how everything we are thinking, saying and doing is to prop up this assumption that we are separate and in competition. Separate and isolated from each other, separate and isolated from the world, even separate and isolated from our own body, heart and mind. This heartache will continue as long as we obsessively identify with what is thought of and perceived as my body, my mind, my personality and my concerns as separate and isolated from everything else.

      When the insubstantiality and the transience of the body, sensations, emotions, mental formations, conditionings and personal circumstances are exposed in their totality, it may dawn on you there is only consciousness—this infinite unknown, this vast emptiness into which everything arises. You and I are not separate from this. We are this consciousness, this wide open, infinite unknown. "Your" awareness, "my" awareness, everyone's awareness—are all the Same Awareness. And it has no limits. It contains everything and it is everything.

      When you discover, beyond any shadow of doubt, that we are the Same, it completely changes everything. This is the unending wonder and bottomless depth of Realization. Let it permeate and saturate every molecule of your being, every subatomic particle in the entire universe.

      Love simply is. By its very nature, it is without conditions or limits. It has no dependencies, attachments, vested interests or possessions. Love is freedom. It is beauty, freedom and joy without measure.

      ~

      Writing from: Open and Innocent by —Scott Morrison
      Art: Leif Madsen

      From Stephen Wingates site Living in Peace: The Natural State

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      "Time to cash in your chips
      put your ideas and beliefs on the table.
      See who has the bigger hand
      you or the Mystery that pervades you.

      Time to scrape the mind's shit
      off your shoes