#3381 - Sunday, December 14, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3381, Sunday, December 14, 2008

      The world is like a sheet of paper on which something is typed. The reading and the meaning will vary with the reader, but the paper is the common factor, always present, rarely perceived. When the ribbon is removed, typing leaves no trace on the paper. So is my mind - the impressions keep on coming, but no trace is left.

      Stop searching in your memory and recognize what has been here all the time.

      - Gangaji, from You Are That! - Satsang With Gangaji

      Question: Why have we no memory of past lives?

      Bhagavan: Memory is a faculty of the mind and part of the illusion. Why do you want to remember other lives that are also illusions? If you abide within the Self, there is no past or future and not even a present since the Self is out of time-timeless.

      - Ramana Maharshi

      The ego is simply a thought based on the assumption that you are a particular body, and this is a lie. All assumptions that follow and follow and support initial, mistaken assumption are therefore also lies.

      Let go of the practice of trying to hold the body together, of thinking your reality. This is the beginning. What is then revealed is so secret that it cannot be spoken. If it is spoken, it is already a distortion of truth.

      - Gangaji, from You Are That! - Satsang With Gangaji

      True salvation is freedom from negativity, and above all from past and future as a psychological need.

      - Eckhart Tolle

      All the ancient scriptures are intended simply to make us retrace our steps to the original source. There is no need to gain anything. We must simply give up false ideas and useless accretions. Instead of doing this, we try to catch hold of something strange and mysterious, believing that happiness lies elsewhere. That is the mistake.

      - Ramana Maharshi

      All that we have to do is to give up identifying the Self with the body, with forms and limits, and then we shall know ourselves as the Self that we always are.

      - Ramana Maharshi