#3370 - Wednesday, December 4, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2008
      #3370 - Wednesday, December 4, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights
      - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights

      If you could only keep quiet, clear of memories and
      expectations, you would be able to discern the
      beautiful pattern of events.  It is your restlessness
      that causes chaos.

                                - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      "I Am That"
      Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
      posted to Along The Way

      Wanting to reform the world without discovering one's true self is
      like trying to cover the world with leather to avoid the pain of
      walking on stones and thorns. It is much simpler to wear shoes.

      ~Ramana Maharshi

      If you begin to understand what you are without trying to change it,
      then what you are undergoes transformation. Seeing the problem and
      attempting to fix it, is akin to employing a fox to protect the chickens.

      ~J. Krishnamurti

      We listen with hope and fear; we seek the light of another but are not
      alertly passive to be able to understand. If the liberated seems to
      fulfill our desires we accept him; if not, we continue our search for
      the one who will; what most of us desire is gratification at different
      levels. What is important is not how to recognize one who is liberated
      but how to understand yourself. No authority here or hereafter can
      give you knowledge of yourself; without self knowledge there is no
      liberation from ignorance, from sorrow.

      ~J. Krishnamurti

      posted to Allspirit Inspiration by Gill Eardley

      There is no scripture in which contradiction
      does not exist.  It is the contradiction which
      makes the music of the message.

        - Hazrat Inayat Khan

      posted to Along The Way

      Meister Eckhart:

      Do all you do, acting from the core of your soul, without a single "Why"... Thus, if you ask a genuine person, that is, one who acts from his heart: "Why are you doing that?" -- he will reply in the only possible way: "I do it because I do It!" [The just man] wants nothing, seeks nothing, and has no reason for doing anything. As God, having no motives, acts without them, so the just man acts without motives. As life lives on for its own sake, needing no reason for being, so the just man has no reason for doing what he does.

      (R. B. Blakney, trans., Meister Eckhart (New York: Harper and Row, 1941), pp. 127, 241)

      Wei-wu-wei: Nondual action
      By David Loy

      Philosophy East and West Vol. 35, No. 1 (January 1985) pp. 73-87

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      Poor Man's Zen
      Not minding to be spoken for,
      hanging on when nothing is left to hold on to,
      anonymous mystic, prone to stark golden melancholia--not sentimental,
      not so--if however so:

      Crazed fool for God,
      idiotically hankering for love in the blades of grass,
      out into crazy man's bliss on hearing some drunken bird lost in the
      middle of the night.

      We say so, we say--this is the poor man's Zen heart. We dare say
      so--because the mourning shall and will be comforted. And hearts will be
      broken and flooded with life--resurrected life! The prophecy of the
      hopeless, the persecuted and forgotten, the nameless children of God.
      The poor man puts his faith in the impossible, against all odds--a
      chanceless warrior of the army of down trodden, the miserable, the meek.

      The kind of grace the poor man of Zen puts his faith in can only be
      called undeserved when measured in standards of the known. Like the
      causeless appearance of a garden in the dry wastelands of the Sahel.
      Diamonds from glass--verification of the impossible truth that has been
      raped by man.
      By Ben Hassine

      On iTunes, free listening...
      Nice extensive menu of 'Zencasts' there: enter into search

      Or in iTunes > podcasts menu > choose Zencasts

      Free. Each may be downloaded to your disk; also
      put onto your ipod for mobile listening.
      On iTunes more Zen related choices appear as suggestions.
      Without iTunes, you can also go to Zencasts.org, and find this directory.
      Here podcasts open right from their website to listen online.