#3340 - Monday, November 3, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3 3:10 PM

      #3340 - Monday, November 3, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights

      When, at some point, there is a spontaneous
      surrender of the personal needs, preferences,
      desires, opinions, and beliefs that function as
      'reality filters,' the realization of your true identity
      may spontaneously arise.  When this happens
      there will be no more questions. You see that
      everything is the answer - that the guru is and has
      always been completely present. He manifests as
      the person, inner voice, or happening that triggers
      this surrender.  Any way the invitation is extended,
      it functions as the guru.  It may be silence from a
      sage or words from a shopkeeper. The surrender
      may come through agony or ecstasy.  It can happen
      through an apple falling on your head; it can come
      from the smile of a child; or it can arise from deep
      inside as you walk along a beach at sunset or when
      your burn your finger on the stove. At any time, your
      sense of separation may dissolve to reveal the One
      beyond all duality.

                                     - Leo Hartong

          ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      Awakening to the Dream
      Trafford, 2001
      posted to Along The Way

      "These days, most people prize things like
      visions of deities, clairvoyance, or miraculous
      powers; but without bodhicitta you could still go
      to the lower realms, and being clairvoyant or
      having such powers would be of no benefit. When
      you have this bodhicitta mind, you may not make
      much effort in other things, but you will have
      the root of Mahayana Dharma. If you already have
      this mind, even giving a ball of barley dough to
      an animal will be a cause for you to gain full
      ~Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche

      From "Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand,"
      from the web site,
      posted to Daily Dharma

      by Bob O'Hearn

      By Thich Nhat Hanh
      (1929 - )

      Flowers in the sky.
      Flowers on Earth.
      Lotuses bloom as Buddha's eyelids.
      Lotuses bloom in man's heart.
      Holding gracefully a lotus in his hand,
      the bodhisattva brings forth a universe of art.
      In the meadows of the sky, stars have sprung up.
      The smiling, fresh moon is already up.
      The jade-colored trunk of a coconut tree
      reaches across the late-night sky.

      My mind, traveling in utmost emptiness,
      catches suchness on its way home.

      from Call Me by My True Names: The Collected Poems of Thich Nhat Hanh

      "When we come face-to-face with the fear and pain in our psyche, we stand at the gateway to tremendous renewal and freedom. Our deepest nature is awareness, and when we fully inhabit that, we love freely and are whole. This is the power of Radical Acceptance: When we stop fighting the energy that has been bound in fear, it naturally releases into the boundless sea of awareness. The more we awaken from the grip of fear, the more radiant and free becomes our heart."

      From Radical Acceptance
      by Tara Brach

      Lord of Victors
      by Bob O'Hearn