Sunday/April 30

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2000
      MICHAEL

      Knowledge coupled with experience,
      and tempered by humility.
      Taking actions from the strength of faith not fear.
      Shining the light of consciousness and the
      power of now on each experience yet to come.
      Knowing that I don't know what will come and
      being open and willing to let go
      of the idea that I do so I can learn
      from each present moment experience coming
      into my life. This experience that I am having
      now and now and now...in each precious present moment.
      Opening up my heart as well as my head.
      Seeing all as perfect in the process of life.
      Touching life lightly...like a feather tickles my nose.
      Witnessing the granduer of the universe and my grand part
      therein and being grateful for the opportunity to just be.

      MIGUEL-ANGEL

      Who is it who drops thoughts? The mind, of course, who else
      could it be? When the mind, tired of uselessly seeking
      truth, stops for a moment, then it has the opportunity of
      seeing that it is all just thoughts, images it is
      fabricating to perpetuate itself pointlessly. It is then
      that there is the possibililty for the mind to see that the
      way out of this vicious circle is precisely silence,
      contemplation, witnessing, emptiness. And it is then that
      the feeling "I am" arises as something different, as the
      primordial fact, not just a thought but the beginning of
      reality.

      GENE POOLE AND JUDI RHODES

      GENE: We can understand that there is no need to be
      embarrassed for our imbibed and unconscious conditioning.
      Further, by understanding that we are very vulnerable to
      both disturbances of flow AND the embarrassment which
      follows each such occurrence, we can stop beating ourselves
      up; this is having compassion for oneself.

      JUDI:Exactly! Sharon and I were talking yesterday and we
      got to laughing at how not only embarrassing but how stupid
      we have been when we realize what we have been doing to
      ourselves with this seeking business. Like Sharon told me
      that she said to herself "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?"
      :-) Egg on face is definitely a mild way of putting it! I
      can't stress it enough, that we have to somehow summon the
      courage and have the openness to look at ourselves in ways
      that we haven't before and to know that it's ok. If and
      when we discover our stupidities, great, terrific! At least
      we're that much further down the road. And we help each
      other along that way. Nothing like being and having a
      friend, especially to our own very selves. We should all
      get down on our knees and thank God that we have the
      freedom to look at ourselves and to grow.

      GENE POOLE AND ANDREW MACNAB

      "In theory, there is no difference between theory and
      practice, except in practice".

      Yes, solipsism is a concept, and also a lifestyle.

      Like the weather, thoughts pour, and sometimes the sky is
      clear. Solipsistic assumption is like the tourist in Egypt,
      who expecting uniform sun, must abide in paradoxical rain.
      Learning to abide without prejudice is a good step to take.

      As long as there is doubt, attention will focus on
      variables. Mind will chart probabilities. Movement will be
      decided upon calculation. The strategy of looking for
      ever-better strategies will prevail.

      The accidental tourist, discovering hirself in mid-journey,
      notices the nile of thought, and does not barge on, instead
      electing to walk the headwaters, fed by manna.

      Knowing well the interchangeability of both place and
      identity, doing everything by doing nothing, everything is
      possible. Napping surmounts Everest, a breath is
      immortality, a tear is death.