#3327 - Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22 7:58 PM
      #3327 - Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights
      - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights

      There I was, hunched over office desk,
      Mind an unruffled pool.
      A thunderbolt!  My middle eye
      Shot wide, revealing - my ordinary self.

                   -    Layman Seiken, 11th Century
                        Zen Poems of China and Japan,  1973, p. 14
                        Translated by Lucien Stryk, Takashi Ikemoto and Taigan Takayama

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      Not to find the Energy of the Spirit but the Spirit itself is the ultimate goal. Not its powers or effects or qualities or attributes but the actuality of pure being. The aspirant is not to stop short with any of these but to push on.

      — Notebooks of Paul Brunton

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      From 'Awakening To The Sacred'
      by Lama Surya Das

      When I was young, and even more foolish than I am today, I believed
      that one had to travel far and wide in order to seek truth, divine
      reality, or whatever you call it. I believed that truth would most
      likely be found in the world's so-called sacred places. Yet the fact
      is that truth is everywhere; it knows no religious, cultural,
      temporal, or ethnic bounds. Truth is the perfect circle. Its center is
      everywhere; its circumference stretches into infinite space. The land
      on which we stand is sacred, no matter where we stand.

      The Tao Te Ching says:
      Without going out of my door I can know all things on earth. Without
      looking out of my window I can know the ways of heaven.

      ---
      gill
      http://allspirit.co.uk
      posted to Allspirit Inspiration

      "Everyone's journey
      through this world is the same,
      so I won't complain.
      Here on the planes of Nasu,
      I place my trust in the dew."
      ~ Sogi

      "Settling, white dew
      does not discriminate,
      each drop its home."
      ~Soin

      From the book "The Poetry of Zen," published by Shambhala
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/9781570628634/angelinc
      posted to Daily Dharma by Bill Kelley

      There is a lake so tiny
      that a mustard seed would cover it
      easily, yet everyone drinks from this lake.

      Deer, jackals, rhinoceroses, and sea elephants
      keep falling into it, falling and dissolving
      almost before they have time to be born.

                     - Lalla
                              14th Century North Indian mystic

      From "Naked Song"
      Versions by Coleman Barks
      posted to Along The Way

      If I hold you with my emotions, you'll become
      a wished-for companion.

      If I hold you with my eyes, you'll grow old
      and die.

      So I hold you where we both mix with the infinite.

               - Rumi

      Version by Coleman Barks
      "Say I Am You"
      posted to Along The Way