#3292 - Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2008
      #3292 - Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights
      -

      Zen does not confuse spirituality with thinking
      about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen
      spirituality is just to peel the potatoes.

      - Alan Watts
      posted to AlongTheWay

      If you do not see God in the next person you see, you need look no further. —Mahatma Gandhi

      Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love and it will decide everything —Joseph Campbell

      If you think you understand, it isn't God. —Søren Kierkegaard

      "The God Who Only Knows Four Words":

      Every Child Has known God,

      Not the God of names,

      Not the God of don’ts,

      Not the God who ever does

      Anything weird,

      But the God who only knows four words

      And keeps repeating them, saying:

      "Come dance with Me." Come Dance.

      --Hafiz, translated by Daniel Ladinsky

      God is Shining Through...

      “Life is this simple. We are living in a world that is absolutely transparent, and God is shining through all the time.

      This is not just a fable or a nice story. It is true.

      If we abandon ourselves to God and forget ourselves, we see it sometimes, and we see it maybe frequently.

      God shows Himself everywhere, in everything – in people and in things and in nature and in events.

      It becomes very obvious that God is everywhere and in everything and we cannot be without Him. It’s impossible. The only thing is we don’t see it.”

      --Thomas Merton