#3274 - Saturday, August 30, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3274, Saturday, August 30, 2008

      the sun
      sees
      no
      shadows

      _()_
      yosy

      The Inner Sun

      The rainbow comes and goes
      With a charming body.
      The outer sun comes and goes
      With a vast body.
      The inner sun stays and stays
      With its boundless
      And deathless
      Love-light.

      - Sri Chinmoy

      Gathering the Mind
      Before our body existed,
      One energy was already there.
      Like jade, more lustrous as it's polished,
      Like gold, brighter as it's refined.
      Sweep clear the ocean of birth and death,
      Stay firm by the door of total mastery.
      A particle at the point of open awareness,
      The gentle firing is warm.

      - Sun Buen (1119 - 1182)

      Someday, after mastering the winds,
      the waves, the tides and gravity,
      we shall harness for God the energies of Love,
      and then, for the second time in the history of the world,
      humans will discover fire.

      - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, posted to The_Now2

      The School of Love

      We are all students in the school of love, although it may take us a long time and much suffering to admit this fact. Something obstinately refuses to see the obvious. Its amazing how stubborn and slow we are, and how often we still forget. We forget whenever we think ourselves more important than others, whenever we see our own desires and goals as more important than the feelings and well-being of those we love. We forget whenever we blame others for what we ourselves have been guilty of. We forget whenever we lose sight of the fact that in this school of love it is love that we all are trying to learn.

      Yunus Emre, the first and greatest Turkish Sufi poet, says, "Let us master this science and read this book of love. God instructs; Love is His school."

      - Kabir Helminski, excerpt from "Love's Universe;" more here:

      http://www.sufism.org/books/sacred/loveuni.html

      You are Joy!

      Oh my God, our intoxicated eyes
      Have blurred our vision
      Our burdens have been made heavy,
      Forgive us.

      You are hidden and yet
      From east to west you have filled the world with Your radiance
      Your Light is more magnificent
      Than sunrise or sunset
      And you are the inmost ground of consciousness
      Revealing the secrets we hold.

      You are an explosive force
      causing our dammed up rivers to burst forth.

      You whose essence is hidden
      While Your gifts are manifest
      You are like water
      and we are like millstones
      You are like wind and we are like dust;
      The wind is hidden while the dust is plainly seen.
      You are the invisible spring
      and we are your lush garden
      You are the spirit of life,
      And we are like hand and foot;
      Spirit causes the hand to close and open.

      You are intelligence,
      And we are your voice
      Your intelligence causes this tongue to speak.
      You are joy and we are laughter,
      For we are the result
      of the blessing of Your joy
      All our movement is really
      A continual profession of faith
      Bearing witness to Your eternal power
      Just as the powerful turning of the millstone
      professes faith in the rivers existence.

      Dust settles upon my head and upon my metaphors
      For You are beyond anything we could ever think or say
      And yet this servant cannot stop trying
      to express Your beauty in every moment,
      let my soul be Your carpet.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi V:3307-3319, translated by Kabir and Camille Helminski

      Come along with me
      Down into the world of seeing
      Come and you'll be free
      Take the time to find the feeling