#3255 - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2008
      #3255 - Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Today is the tenth anniversary of Nonduality Salon list, which gave birth to the Highlights some nine years ago.

      To celebrate we feature contributions from long time Saloner, Yosy, who just got out of the hospital with a stroke-like condition. Yosy is often quoted in the Highlights. Today you'll read one of this poems and then two letters he wrote about his physical challenges, all offered in the atmosphere of living joy. Thanks for being here Yosy.

      The blue hole dive 1972

      death
      beckoned me softly
      and i followed.
      but then
      it smiled, saying:
      do not rush, my dear.
      anyway, your corpse is mine
      and keeps on dying
      all the time!
      but you are not.
      unborn, boundless,
      how can you die?
      wake up, my friend
      and return to the surface.
      there is no "i"!

       @}->,->'--
      yosy

      Letter 1, written several years ago:

      about eleven years ago i had a central nerve system
      injury (due to penetration of nitrogen bubbles, result
      of damage accumulated from years of deep-sea diving)
      which in effect caused paralysis from the neck down. the
      hardest job i did in my life was to move my big toes. it
      took two weeks to accomplish; but when it succeeded i
      told skeptical doctors (who explained that dead nerves
      do not regenerate) that everything will work, if the
      orders get through from the 'highest' to the 'lowest'
      extreme... it took me long time to accomplish, (i
      must've grew bypasses lol) but for quite a long time now
      (in spite of being officially 100% handicapped) my body
      functions fully, though slow and within limits (and i
      walk with a big stick lol). ((-: well, to be honest,
      appearances mislead - the sensory system is all messed
      up, there is a constant extreme parethic pain in most of
      the body, the digestive system is totally screwed up,
      etc; but it does not show :-)). the doctors consider it
      "a medical miracle" - lol... but isn't all life a
      miracle?

      Letter 2, written today as a response to Inky:

      hehehe wonders never cease... my presnt (body) condition
      is more or less the same, further complicated a year ago
      by a "total septic system collapse" as a doctors
      described it, which kept me hospitalized on-off for
      several weeks, most of it under sedation and in
      intensive care (some of the preseny may remeber). i
      returned gradually to almost full activity, though
      within increased limits. and then... BOOM! a week ago,
      without a slightest warning, i instantly lost ability
      talk. to make log story short, within moments concerned
      family and friends had me trasported by an ambulance to
      hospital... how wonderfully amazing is this lorious
      creation, the human brain! all kept working perfectly,
      with full clarity. but i could produce no intelligible
      sounds at all... lol so i obviously culdn't explain
      verbally that all is well. the doctors run whole range
      of tests - ct, mri, eecf, etc, etc - the works. it was
      found out that is was tiny clot in the brain that blew a
      few connnections. and besides some problems with the old
      pomp (heart). in short they kept me hospitalized in
      neurology department a week, until today, communicating
      mostly by writing, and freeding me all kinds of funny
      colorful tiny globules of various sizes with tongue
      twisting latin names, "medicines". western magic, huh?
      aparently it works... never mind, i met few very nice
      people, patients and personel, and have no complaints.
      and i started stubbornky learning to talk from the
      beginning. all find it quite amusing... i returned home
      this evning, along with the whole collction of pills and
      exact instructions what to take and when. :) my beloved
      spouse took upon herself the responsibility of making
      sure i do take them... well, "men rule the world. women
      rule men" as my beloved dad used to say. wow! what an
      amazing experience! life...

      that's the reason to my absence (if anybody noticed...
      my presence is not that important lol)

      dear inky, friends, i wish all the best of health -
      always. oh, inky luv, i do have a nice collection of
      walking stics. but use only my favorite hand carved
      african ebony one. though have many favorites - each
      stick is a whole tale.

      :) BOOM!

      _()_ yosy