#3253 - Sunday, August 10, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3253, Sunday, August 10, 2008

      Time is in the mind, space is in the mind. The law of cause and effect is also a way of thinking. In reality all is here and now, all is one. Multiplicity and diversity are in the mind only.

      When we say that we have knowledge, or that we have discovered our real nature and we are in this nature, that means that we are "being the mirror. You see, "being the mirror" or "looking in the mirror" are two completely different things. If we "are the mirror" then we have no concept of dualistic vision.

      If a reflection manifests in the mirror, why is it manifesting? There are two reasons. Once is because the mirror has the capacity to manifest infinite reflections. This is the mirror's quality. If there is an object in front of the mirror, whose capacity it is to reflect, naturally a reflection will appear in the mirror. Furthermore, the mirror has no idea of checking or accepting the object it is reflecting. The mirror doesn't need any program for that. This is what is called its qualification, or infinite potentiality.

      In the same way, we have infinite potentiality, but we are ignorant of that. When we are ignorant of our real nature, then we always conceive that "I am here" and "the object is there," "I am looking and seeing an object," and so on. We do not discover that we are like a mirror, and if we never discover this, then of course there is no way that we can function like the mirror. When you discover that you are like the mirror, then there is a possibility that you will be the mirror.

      - Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, from Dzogchen Teachings, edited by Jim Valby and Adriano Clemente, posted to DailyDharma

      Ram Tzu knows this...
      The more you pursue it
      The further away it goes.

      The harder you struggle
      The deeper you sink.

      Only a drunk can
      Truly be sober.
      Only a whore can
      Truly be chaste.

      Life is no place
      For idle speculation.
      No one has ever learned
      From the mistakes of others.

      A lie cloaked in truth
      Is still a lie.
      If it makes sense to you
      You're in real trouble.

      You always look for God
      In high places...
      Guess again.

      Ram Tzu is not your friend
      If you find him
      Kill him.

      - Ram Tzu, from No Way for the Spiritually "Advanced", posted to AlongTheWay

      You can always tell what you believe by what you are getting.

      Alan Cohen, posted to Distillation

      Unconditional Expression

      There is such a thing
      as unconditional expression
      that does not come from self or other.

      It manifests out of nowhere
      like mushrooms in a meadow,
      like hailstones, like thundershowers.

      - Chögyam Trungpa, Rinpoche, from The Art of Calligraphy, posted to truevision