#3250 - Thursday, August 7, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2008
      #3250 - Thursday, August 7, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      In this issue an introduction to the work of nonduality's two Richard Miller's.

      In the nonduality biz there are two Richard Miller's with whom I am familiar. The more established Richard is known for his teaching of Nidra Yoga and Integrative Restoration. His website is http://nondual.com.

      Photo: The nondually established Richard Miller from http://nondual.com

      The newer Richard Miller has started a very good website featuring videos with new and emerging nondual teachers. He writes on the website:

      "Our target is John Q Public, the guy on the street who has never heard of this stuff. Our method is complete innocence. There's got to be a way to say this without reference to anything outside of my already experience. Traditions and lineages must lead me away from what is here and now."

      Photo: The new Richard Miller, from http://www.nevernothere.com

      Richard has made a number of videos with many people you know: Jeff Foster, Jeannie Zandi, Katie Davis, Sundance Burke, Alice Gardner, Isaac Shapiro, and others.

      You can also find the videos on his YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=NeverNotHere

      The following is from the established and widely known Richard Miller's website: an introduction to integrative restoration. Find out more at http://nondual.com/irest/index.html

      Welcome to integrative restoration - iRest

      What is iRest Yoga Nidra?
      Integrative Restoration (iRest) is a profoundly transformative practice that leads to lasting psychological change, as well as physical and emotional healing. It teaches how to live a contented life, free of conflict, anxiety and fear and suffering by revealing our inherent ground of health and wholeness.

      iRest teaches us how to embody skills that we can use throughout our lifetime, that provide us with a sense of mastery when encountering difficult situations, and teaches us how to embody joy and equanimity throughout our daily life.

      iRest is comprised of a 10-step process that helps heal the various internal conflicts present in our body, mind and hearts, and restores our inherent lived experience of pure Being or pure Awareness from within which we may experience our inter-connectedness with all of life.
      Ultimately, iRest reveals to us how we may live fully awake and aware, while accepting and welcoming each moment, just as it is, throughout the full range of our human experience.

      iRest participants report that they…

      - Sleep better
      - Decreased insomnia
      - Feel happier
      - Reduced depression, anxiety and fear
      - Feel greater comfort and ease in their body
      - Decreased perception of chronic and acute pain
      - Feel happier in their interpersonal relationships
      - Improved interpersonal relations
      - Feel more comfortable when encountering circumstances they cannot control
      - Increased Ease of Being
      - Experience an increased sense of control in their lives
      - Sense of mastery during everyday events

      ~ ~ ~

      Now you know the two Richard Miller's.