#3245 - Saturday, August 2, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3245, Saturday, August 2, 2008

      Editor's note: I seem to be in a musical mood this evening, so here are some lyrics... (dual or nondual, take your pick)

      She called me on the phone
      She could tell by the sound of my voice
      I was sitting home all alone
      She said to me in a whispering tone:
      Do you believe?
      Do you believe in liberation?
      Can you understand liberation?
      Are you afraid of liberation?
      I am afraid of liberation
      I admit I'm afraid

      She sent me a letter
      I got it in the mail
      I broke the seal
      And I read that letter
      She had beautiful handwriting
      She had a beautiful hand
      She had beautiful handwriting
      And this is what I read:
      Do you believe in liberation?
      Can you understand liberation?
      Are you afraid of liberation?
      I am afraid of liberation
      I admit I'm afraid

      She saw me on the street
      She tugged at my shirtsleeve
      She handed me a leaflet
      I put it in my pocket
      I was doing my laundry
      I checked my pocket
      I produced the leaflet
      Which I proceeded to read
      Do you believe in liberation?
      Can you understand liberation?
      Are you afraid of liberation?
      I am afraid of liberation
      I admit I'm afraid

      She knocked on my front door
      Got me out of bed
      I turned on my porch light
      I looked out my peep hole
      I seen her starting to jerk
      I seen her starting to shake
      I seen her about to spill over
      When she started to speak she said:
      Do you believe?

      - Lungfish

      When you were a child, you were a tomboy
      Gimme soul satisfaction
      Way back in shady lane
      Do you remember darlin'?
      And it's the woman in you, and it's the woman in you
      Gimme soul satisfaction
      And it takes the child in you to know
      The woman an' you are one

      We're goin' out in the country to get down to the real soul,
      I mean the real soul, people,
      We're goin' out in the country, get down to the real soul
      We're gettin' out to the west coast
      Shining our light into the days of bloomin' wonder
      Goin' as much with the river as not, as not, yeah, yeah
      An' I'm goin' as much with the river as not
      Yeah, yeah, right, yeah

      Blake and the Eternals oh standin' with the Sisters of Mercy
      Looking for the Veedon Fleece, yeah
      William Blake and the Eternals oh standin' with the Sisters of Mercy
      Looking for the Veedon Fleece, yeah
      You don't pull no punches, but you don't push the river
      You don't pull no punches, and you don't push the river
      You don't pull no punches, and you don't push the river, no, no
      Goin' as much with the river as not

      We're goin' out in the West, down to the cathedrals
      We're goin' out in the West (alright), down to the beaches
      And the Sisters of Mercy, behind the sun
      Oh behind the sun

      And William Blake and the Sisters of Mercy looking for the Veedon Fleece,
      Yeah
      You don't pull no punches, goin' west, goin' as much with the river as not
      With the river as not, with the river as not, goin' as much,
      Goin' as much with the river as not, no, ah
      You don't pull no punches, and you don't push the river, no
      You don't pull no punches, but you don't push the river, no
      You don't pull no punches, but you don't push the river, no
      You don't pull no punches, but you don't push the river

      And we was contemplating Baba, William Blake and the Eternals
      Goin' down to the Sisters of Mercy
      Looking for the Veedon Fleece
      Looking for the Veedon Fleece
      Looking for the Veedon Fleece
      Looking for the Veedon Fleece

      You don't pull no punches, but ya, you don't push the river
      You don't pull no punches, but ya, you don't push the river, no
      You don't pull no punches, but ya, you don't push the river
      You don't push the river, you don't push the river

      - Van Morrison

      Did you get it? Did you get it?
      You're just another fish in the sea, yeah
      Did you get it? Did you get it?
      You gotta get it right
      And you get it jerked when you get it right
      When you get it, you won't forget it
      When you get it, you won't regret it
      When you get it you'll start to see
      Your just the same as me

      You call, you grow
      You know, you blow
      You fall, to the wall
      You laugh

      Now you know it's good to be back here in the world again
      Don't you know it's great to be in love with a girl again?
      Down here in the battlefield of time
      Don't get lost to reason or rhyme
      Really ought to get it together again
      Wouldn't you like to fly? Wouldn't you like to know why?

      You die, you try
      To fly when you're high
      You're low, you know
      You grow to flow
      To laugh in the path
      But you fall
      You get it after all

      - Gong

      Into the groove, where we lose ourselves just to find who we are
      into the groove, where we get to fly but we need not see the sky
      into the groove, where we escape from the surface of what we've become
      into the groove, come for the ride
      Take the plunge, soak it up like a sponge
      don't be afraid of tonight, everything is gonna be alright
      take the plunge, soak me up like a sponge
      don't be afraid of the light, everything is gonna be just fine

      Into the groove, where love grows to new heights
      into the groove, where the sun disappears but a light still shines
      into the groove, surrounded by the waters of desire, yeah
      into the groove, come for the ride

      Catch the wave, free the slave, emancipate your mind
      cause nothing men do can change this time
      catch the wave (I'm gonna catch the wave), and free your slave (I'm gonna free my slave)
      emancipate your mind, hey nothin' they do can change this time

      Light it up

      Into the groove, where we lose ourselves just to find who we are
      into the groove, where we get to fly but we need not see the sky
      into the groove, where we escape from the surface of what we've become
      into the groove, come for the ride
      Yeah, come for the ride

      - Ziggy Marley

      Amazing grace! How sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me
      I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind, but now I see

      `Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved
      How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed

      Through many dangers, toils and snares I have already come
      `Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home

      The Lord has promised good to me; His word my hope secures
      He will my shield and portion be as long as life endures

      Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail, and mortal life shall cease
      I shall possess, within the veil, a life of joy and peace

      The earth shall soon dissolve like snow, the sun forbear to shine
      But God, who called me here below, will be forever mine

      When we've been there ten thousands years, bright shining as the sun
      We've no less days to sing God's praise than when we'd first begun

      - John Newton

      The birds they sang
      at the break of day
      Start again
      I heard them say
      Don't dwell on what
      has passed away
      or what is yet to be.
      Ah the wars they will
      be fought again
      The holy dove
      She will be caught again
      bought and sold
      and bought again
      the dove is never free.

      Ring the bells that still can ring
      Forget your perfect offering
      There is a crack in everything
      That's how the light gets in.

      We asked for signs
      the signs were sent:
      the birth betrayed
      the marriage spent
      Yeah the widowhood
      of every government --
      signs for all to see.

      I can't run no more
      with that lawless crowd
      while the killers in high places
      say their prayers out loud.
      But they've summoned, they've summoned up
      a thundercloud
      and they're going to hear from me.

      Ring the bells that still can ring ...

      You can add up the parts
      but you won't have the sum
      You can strike up the march,
      there is no drum
      Every heart, eve
      ry heart to love will com
      e but like a refugee.

      Ring the bells that still can ring
      Forget your perfect offering
      There is a crack, a crack in everything
      That's how the light gets in.

      Ring the bells that still can ring
      Forget your perfect offering
      There is a crack, a crack in everything
      That's how the light gets in.
      That's how the light gets in.
      That's how the light gets in.

      -Leonard Cohen

      If you feel like singing a song
      And you want other people to sing along
      Just sing what you feel
      Don't let anyone say it's wrong

      And if you're trying to paint a picture
      But you're not sure which colors belong
      Just paint what you see
      Don't let anyone say it's wrong

      And if you're strung out like a kite
      Or stung awake in the night
      It's alright to be frightened

      When there's a light (what light)
      There's a light (one light)
      There's a light (white light)
      Inside of you

      If you think you might need somebody
      To pick you up when you drag
      Don't loose sight of yourself
      Don't let anyone change your bag

      And if the whole world's singing your songs
      And all of your paintings have been hung
      Just remember what was yours is everyone's from now on
      And that's not wrong or right
      But you can struggle with it all you like
      You'll only get uptight

      Because there's a light (what light)
      There's a light (one light)
      There's a light (white light)