#3244 - Friday, August 1, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2008
      #3244 - Friday, August 1, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The  Nonduality Highlights
      - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights

      Neti Neti makes important films including several on Nisargadatta Maharaj, the successful and widely seen Shortcut to Nirvana, and others. http://www.netinetifilms.com

      Stephen Wolinsky hosts and narrates the Nisargadatta videos and presents his understandings as a direct student/disciple of Nisargadatta Maharaj. I have seen one of the films and found it memorable. Three more films are soon to arrive and I will be writing reviews for each one.

      In this issue you'll

      --first see excerpts from Nisargadatta,
      --then information about the films on Nisargadatta,
      --and finally an invitation to join a workshop with Dr. Wolinsky in California, if there are still spaces available.

      -Jerry Katz

      Nisargatta Maharaj quotations...

      Things happen as they happen. Blame or praise are apportioned later, after the sense of doership has appeared.

      Beyond the witness there is an infinite emptiness.

      You are nothing better then vegetation, like grass growing, human beings are growing.

      Anything you know about you cannot be.

      Later I understood the meaning of spirituality and came to the conclusion that it is discardable as dishwater. Therefore, I am in no way concerned with spirituality.

      I do not accept paths... all paths lead to unreality. Paths are creations within the scope of knowledge. Therefore, paths and movements cannot transport you into reality, because their function is to enmesh you within the dimension of knowledge, while reality prevails prior to it.

      Why does this conflict normally occur? Why this dispute between us? People come here with some profound concept of spirituality. They think they have spiritual knowledge and they want me to give them a clean certificate. "Yes, you are knowledgeable". This I don't do. I blast their concepts and hence the confrontation... All knowledge is ignorance.

      Experience the teachings of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj with Dr. Stephen Wolinsky

      photo of Nisargadatta trilogy

      http://netinetifilms.com/trilogy.htm

      This over 9 hours DVD series contains not only the teachings of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj but also "experiential guided meditations" that lead the viewer into the "I am", into That One substance from which all phenomena arise.

      Dr Wolinsky lectures traverse the roots of Advaita Vedanta, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Linguistics and Tantric Yoga presenting Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's non-duality teachings, The Primordial Advaita, as a cousin to Nagarjuna's (the founder of Madyamika, Middle way Buddhism) teachings.

      Featuring previously unseen video footage of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj and (on DVD3) Bhagawan Avadhut Nityananda

      3 DVD's, 551 minutes, 0 All codes (playable worldwide), NTSC Video

      Series Produced and Directed by Maurizio Benazzo

      Read more and order from http://netinetifilms.com/trilogy.htm

      ~ ~ ~

      Here is news of a 4th DVD in this series:

      consciousness and beyond, the final teachings of sri nisargadatta maharaj

      The Final Teachings of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

      Neti Neti Films journeys to India to intimately capture the flavor of Nisargadatta Maharaj from the actual location where his teachings were first transmitted to the world.

      Through the eyes of the narrator, Dr, Stephen Wolinsky, Nisargadatta’s final and most profound teachings are presented in two unique ways.

      First: We present the relationship of Nisargadatta Maharaj’s teachings to some of the most extraordinary Guru's and teachers the world has known.

      Secondly: Here for the first time, the rarely discussed and most profound teaching of Nisargadatta is discussed in depth. He stands alone in stating that who we are is prior to the I Am, and even Prior to and Beyond Consciousness itself.

      This extraordinary statement by Nisargadatta Maharaj has the power to propel a seeker into a taste of the Absolute. This most unique pointer directs an aspirant into the Eternal Absolute, the Primordial Advaita that can only be realized when Consciousness itself is appreciated as not this, not this.

      Featured on this DVD:

      • Seven new presentations of Consciousness and
        Beyond, filmed in India
      • Many presentations show India then (1979-1980) and Now
      • Bonus meditation CD recorded live at the May ’08 workshop

      DVD, 110 minutes, 0 All codes (playable worldwide), NTSC Video plus a Bonus meditation CD, 40 minutes.

      Produced and Directed by Maurizio Benazzo

      Order from http://netinetifilms.com/beyond.htm

      "A workshop with Stephen Wolinsky"

      Oct 20th to Oct 27th 2008 in Aptos, California

      Dr. Stephen H. Wolinsky

      Stephen H. Wolinsky, PhD. was born in New York City. He is a direct disciple of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj and lived in India for almost six years. He is a founder of Quantum Psychology, (integrating Western Psychology, Advaita-Vedanta’s Non-duality, Quantum Physics, Neuro-Science, and Buddhism).  In  2002, he founded Post-deconstruction, a scientific approach beyond Postmodernism. He is the author of fourteen books, including an audio tape series Waking From The Trance: A Practical Course on Developing Mulidimensional Awareness (produced by Sounds True) and a DVD series, I Am That I Am (produced by Neti Neti films). He presently resides in Aptos, California.

      Reserve your place now!

      Only 3 spaces available...

      The next workshop will be an eight days workshop, five hours daily, from October 20nd to October 27th 2008

      The workshop will be held at Rio Sands in Aptos California, a small cozy hotel 100 yards from the beach. www.RioSands.com

      Rate for the 8 days workshop is $795.

      Unless you sent me a deposit, full payment or we had specific arrangements/agreements, I will not be able to secure a place for the workshop.

      A reminder: for this workshop registration we have only been able to use Paypal or checks/money orders.

      Ciao, Maurizio

      For more information about and to register go to http://www.netinetifilms.com/workshop.htm