#3231 - Saturday, July 19, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3231, Saturday, July 19, 2008

      RN: Listen. Imagine you are at the centre of a temple dedicated to the supreme deity. It is round, wiht a dome, and not even one ray of light comes in from outside. With both your hands you are holding a bright lamp, the only source of light in the temple. You look around and notice that it has no sacred images, there is just you and... countless mirrors of various shapes and sizes scattered everywhere, on the round wall, on the dome and on the floor. Now look at the mirrors and tell me what you see.

      GB: In every mirror there is the image of me holding the lamp, but in different forms.

      RN: Right! So stop separating yourself from other beings and from the Primordial Buddha. You are the 'God of gods' ... I am too, and like us so are other beings, because all is one. Oh! Isn't this revelation marvellous? There will come a day when all will be fully aware of it. That glorious day is not far.. In truth, it is already now.

      - Lama Rangdrol Naljor, from Mahamudra and Atiyoga, by Baroetto, posted to DailyDharma

      Look not back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around you in awareness.

      Ross Hersey, posted to Distillation

      Actually, "you" aren't really going anyplace, and "you" aren't really doing anything.

      There's no other place for you to go to, and there's nothing else for you to be doing.

      In fact, there's really nobody who's ever going anywhere, and there's really nobody who's ever doing anything.

      No body at all.

      - Chuck Hillig, posted to AlongTheWay

      The separation of thinking and awareness, which lies at the core of your primary purpose, happens through the negation of time. We are not speaking here, of course, of the use of time for practical purposes, such as making an appointment or planning a trip. We are not speaking of clock time, but of psychological time, which is the mind's deep-seated habit of seeking the fullness of life in the future where it cannot be found and ignoring the only point of access to it: the present moment.

      - Eckhart Tolle, from A New Earth, posted to The_Now2