#3211 - Saturday, June 28, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3211, Saturday, June 28, 2008

      Now and then it's good to pause
      in our pursuit of happiness
      and just be happy.

      - Guillaume Apollinaire, posted to The_Now2

      Next time a sunrise steals your breath
      or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless,
      remain that way.
      Say nothing, and listen as heaven whispers,
      "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

      - Max Lucado, posted to The_Now2

      Adya: There is a difference. There is a great difference between the, you know..., like the teaching prescription, the teaching precription for the disease called "witness." Because the true witness is called love at no distance from what it witnesses. Zero distance and love, isn't it? Right.

      Questioner: I did witnessing for a long time.

      Adya: That runs out. (deep belly laugh of questioner.) Until witnessing should dissolve into love. Yes. there is what you are speaking, exactly what you are speaking... Right. It is not enough, just to..."Oh. There it is arising, that's nice." That may be Junior High School spirituality. It is arising and passing, and I am fine.

      Questioner: You gotta wait for it to pass.

      Adya: Right, to be free. In love how long do you wait?

      Questioner: You don't. (laugh of both Adya and questioner)

      Adya: Right. Right. There is a lot of picking and choosing in the witness, huh? I will witness 'cause I don't like this. But in love there is no picking and choosing. There is just whatever is happening is happening in love. Yah, Great. Worthy of being blown away. Beautiful.

      New questioner: Is that like loving the shame?

      Adya: Yes, absolutely. Meet it with love! Yes, yes. `Cause the love is there. That is the Self. The Self is there .The Self is not some abstract idea floating in the ether. The Self is love, really, that is one way of describing it. When you are looking out through the eyes of love, rather than looking at it inside, at some nice little feeling you get, which is great right? "Oh, I am experiencing bliss, this is so wonderful." But when you look though the eyes of love, NOT at love but through the eyes , it has a perspective. Looking through those eyes love just welcomes into itself. It welcomes everything into itself. Because that is the homecoming. Everything dissolves there. It is the only place that knows that Love cannot be hurt. Love can't be hurt. If we think that love can be hurt we have a really, really twisted idea of love. Real love cannot be hurt.

      Real love cannot be hurt or diminished or harmed. That is why it takes everything into itself. It takes everything into itself... And we test it. And it takes some courage to do that.

      It takes the courage. To have this nice experience of love is one thing, but the courage to welcome into that love, everything into love that doesn't seem to be that love; that takes some courage. And even more than courage, that takes love (Adya giggles)..yah, great. MMM.

      - Adyashanti, from a satsang entitled "Embrace Your Humanness," transcribed by Shannon, posted to AdyashantiGroup

      come
      let's fall
      in love
      again
      let's turn
      all the dirt
      in this world
      to shiny gold

      come
      let's be
      a new spring
      a love reborn

      find our aroma
      from the essence
      of all who
      emit heavenly fragrance

      like a fresh tree
      bloom and spread
      all the blessings
      right from inside

      - Rumi, Ghazal (Ode) 1532, from the Diwan-e Shams, translation by Nader Khalili, Rumi, Fountain of Fire, posted to Sunlight

      Dance, Lalla, with nothing on
      but air. Sing, Lalla,
      wearing the sky.

      Look at this glowing day! What clothes
      could be so beautiful, or
      more sacred?

      - Lalla, translated by Coleman Barks

      Listen, My Heart

      Listen, my heart, consider this -
      If you are so in love,
      why are you asleep?
      If you have found the Lover,
      let go of your self
      and hold to Him.
      Why lose Him again and again?
      When you have finally found sleep
      do you waste time making the bed?
      Kabir says: This is how love is:
      So what if your head must roll -
      what is there to cry about?

      from Songs of Kabir, Translations by Rabindranath Tagore, freely rendered by Ty Koontz