#3205 - Sunday, June 22, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3205, Sunday, June 22, 2008

      A thousand times my Guru, I asked:
      How shall the Nameless be defined?
      I asked and asked but all in vain.
      The Nameless Unknown, it seems to me,
      Is the source of the something that we see.

      - Lalla, from Lalla vakhs No. 26

      Only
      That Illumined
      One

      Who keeps
      Seducing the formless into form

      Had the charm to win my
      Heart.

      Only a Perfect One
      Who is always
      Laughing at the word
      Two,

      Can make you know
      Of
      Love.

      - Hafiz, translated by Daniel Ladinsky, from: The Gift

      In love, nothing exists between heart and heart.
      Speech is born out of longing,
      True description from the real taste.
      The one who tastes, knows;
      The one who explains, lies.
      How can you describe the true form of Something
      In whose presence you are blotted out?
      And in whose being you still exist?
      And who lives as a sign for your journey?

      - Rabia al Basri

      From each, Love demands a mystic silence.
      What do all seek so earnestly? Tis Love.
      Love is the subject of their inmost thoughts,
      In Love no longer "Thou" and "I" exist,
      For self has passed away in the Beloved.
      Now will I draw aside the veil from Love,
      And in the temple of mine inmost soul
      Behold the Friend, Incomparable Love.
      He who would know the secret of both worlds
      Will find that the secret of them both is Love.

      - Attar, from Essential Sufism, by James Fadiman & Robert Frager,

      The Holy One disguised as an old person in a cheap hotel.
      Goes out to ask for carfare.
      But I never seem to catch sight of him.
      If I did, what would I ask him for?
      He has already experienced what is missing in my life.
      Kabir says: I belong to this old person.
      Now let the events about to come, come!

      - Kabir, translated by Robert Bly

      This moment a tiny thrust on the sea of life
      This moment a tiny sparkle on the vastness
      This moment a crucible of fragility
      This moment the heartbeat of existence

      Bill Rishel, posted to The_Now2