#3194 - Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2008

      #3194 - Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights -

       "...The spiritual world is different
      from the intellectual world both in its
      aim and method. The aim of the spiritual
      world is to discover the unity of being
      on an experiential level, to manifest the
      Divine nature that lies within us. And
      the method of the spiritual practice is
      nothing other than love.  Love is the
      binding principle of the universe and the
      only reliable guide of humanity in its
      search for the Truth..."

      --Dr. Javad Nurbakhsh, Issue 19 of Sufi Magazine
      http://www.nimatullahi.org/journal

      ---
      gill
      http://www.allspirit.co.uk

      The True Teaching

      The true teaching is the kind of teaching that conforms to two things: First, it is consistent with the Buddhist insight. And secondly, it is appropriate for the person who is receiving it. It's like medicine. It has to be true medicine, and it must fit the person who is receiving it.

      Sometimes you can give someone a very expensive treatment, but they still die. That is why when the Buddha meets someone and offers the teaching he has to know that person in order to be able to offer the appropriate teaching. Even if the teaching is very valuable, if you don't make it appropriate to the person, it is not Buddhist teaching.

      --Thich Nhat Hanh

      We Wish for Happiness, Yet...

      Dharma, a Sanskrit word for which there is no adequate English equivalent, refers to the understanding and behavior that lead to the elimination of suffering and its source and to the experience of a lasting state of happiness and fulfillment....

      Shantideva, a seventh-century Indian Buddhist sage, writes:

      Although we wish to cast off grief,
      We hasten after misery;
      And though we long for happiness,
      Out of ignorance we crush our joy
      as if it were our enemy.

      We wish for happiness, yet frequently we fail to identify its source. We wish to be free of suffering, frustration, and grief, but we do not correctly identitfy the sources of our unhappiness. So, although we wish to be free of misery we hasten after it, all the while destroying the causes of the happiness we could have.

      --B. Alan Wallace, in Tibetan Buddhism from the Ground Up

      I uploaded about 75 or 80 shots of
      mostly moving water - all taken over
      the memorial day weekend.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/23090967@N02/

      this url should get you directly into my
      flickr photostream.

      the images should be downloadable, if interested.

      enjoy,
      clay

      They express the lively diversity obtained from only water and light.
      Thank you for the treat Clay :-)
      Eric

      "....Within light there is darkness,
      but do not try to understand the darkness.
      Within darkness there is light,
      but do not look for the light.
      ...the absolute works together with the relative like two arrows meeting
      in mid-air.

      Reading words, you should grasp the great reality.
      Do not judge by any standards.
      If you do not see the Way,
      you do not see it even as you walk it.
      When you walk the Way,
      it is not near, it is not far.
      If you are deluded, you are mountains and rivers away from it.
      I respectfully say to those who wish to be enlightened:
      Do not waste your time by day or night."

      From Identity of Relative and Absolute, chanted in some Zen rituals
      posted by OH, now(DG,dharma grandmother of DailyDharma)

        Tao is within us; Tao surrounds us.
           Part of it may be sensed,
           And is called manifestation.
           Part of it is unseen,
           And is called void.
           To be with Tao is harmony.
           To be separate is disaster.
           To act with Tao, observe and follow.
           To know Tao, be still and look within.

      Tao is within us; we are Tao.  It is also outside of us; it
      is all the known universe.  All that we can know of
      ourselves and our universe cannot account for all that is
      Tao.  What we know is merely the outer manifestation of Tao.

      The ultimate Tao is called absolute.  We cannot know it
      directly because it has no definition, references, or
      names.  Our normal minds are incapable of perceiving where
      there is no contrast.  Yet it is precisely this colorless
      infinity that is the underlying reality to this life.

      The only way to fathom it is to remove our sense of division
      from it.  In essence, we must plunge into the mystery
      itself.  Only then will we know peace.

      365 Tao
      Be
      Deng Ming-Dao