#3191 - Sunday, June 8, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3191, Sunday, June 8, 2008

      There is nothing whatsoever
      that is not made easier through acquaintance.
      So through becoming acquainted with small harms
      I should learn to patiently accept greater harms.

      Who has not seen this to be so with trifling sufferings

      Such as the bites of snakes and insects,
      Feelings of hunger and thirst
      And with such minor things as rashes?

      I should not be impatient
      With heat and cold, wind and rain,
      Sickness, bondage and beatings;
      For if I am, the harm they cause me will increase.

      - Shantideva, from A Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life, posted to DailyDharma

      Who are you?

      Look around you, my friend...
      Is it real? Is it not? Or
      Perhaps it is neither? Nor?

      Ask yourself -
      Who cares, really?
      Does it matter at all?

      This is what is -
      Rest are stories. Mere
      Hopes, fears, dreams and
      Memories...

      So, having made it
      All the way to 'now' and 'here'
      Abandon 'you' and 'me', my dear.

      Let your true nature take over;
      Watch unconcerned
      Whatever seems to appear...

      Caring not for any disturbance
      Nonchalantly
      Conquer all fear!

      - Yosy Flug. posted to SufiMystic

      If a man considers that he is born, he cannot avoid the fear of death. Let him find out if he has been born or if the Self has any birth. He will discover that the Self always exists, that the body that is born resolves itself into thought and that the emergence of thought is the root of all mischief. Find from where thoughts emerge. Then you will be able to abide in the ever-present inmost Self and be free from the idea of birth or the fear of death.

      - Ramana Maharshi

      Right here, right now,
      without thinking about it,
      is there a problem? Is anything needed?

      Is there anything in "the world"
      that could be different in any way
      that would change the fact that

      right here, right now,
      without thinking about it,
      there is no problem?

      Is there any change that can be made
      in the story of you
      that would change the fact that

      right here, right now,
      without thinking about it,
      nothing is needed?

      - Annette Nibley

      When the mind is at peace,
      the world too is at peace.
      Nothing real, nothing absent.
      Not holding on to reality,
      not getting stuck in the void,
      you are neither holy nor wise, just
      an ordinary fellow who has completed his work.

      - Layman P'ang from The Enlightened Heart