#3190 - June 7, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3190, Saturday, June 7, 2008

      When one opens his heart, he includes others in his sense of well being. He does not trade their well being for his own. He doesn't try to please others at his own expense. He does not give himself away and find an identity in someone else.

      - Paul Ferrini, posted to The_Now2

      The most important aspect of love is not in giving or the receiving: it's in the being. When I need love from others, or need to give love to others, I'm caught in an unstable situation. Being in love, rather than giving or taking love, is the only thing that provides stability. Being in love means seeing the Beloved all around me.

      - Ram Dass

      Love has nothing to do with another person. Love is your individual and collective soul. Love is God. Love is truth. Love is beauty. Love is Self. To know yourself, to surrender to the truth of yourself, is to surrender to love.

      - Gangaji

      If you are seeking closeness to the Beloved,
      love everyone
      . whether in their presence or absence,
      see only their good.
      if you want to be as clear and refreshing as
      the breath of the morning breeze,
      like the sun have nothing but warmth and light
      for everyone.

      Shaikh Abu-Said Abil-Khair, from Nobody, Son of Nobody

      Whether your destiny is glory or disgrace,
      Purify yourself of hatred and love of self.
      Polish your mirror; and that sublime Beauty
      From the regions of mystery
      Will flame out in your heart
      As it did for the saints and prophets.
      Then, with your heart on fire with that Splendor,
      The secret of the Beloved will no longer be hidden.

      - Jami, translation by Andrew Harvey and Eryk Hanut, from Perfume of the Desert

      Those who enshrine the Lord in their hearts, O Bahu,
      have both the worlds at their command.

      Lovers remain completely intoxicated
      in the ecstasy of their love for the Beloved.
      They offer their souls to the Beloved
      while still living
      and thus immortalize themselves
      in this life and the hereafter.

      - Sultan Bahu, translated by J.R. Puri and K.S. Khak