HIGHLIGHTS of Friday April 14

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2000

      is the unknown Who that we are.
      Refusing to ever set limits is
      to refuse to be Who.

      Limits allow space-time to unfold.
      Only a universe with limits
      is unlimited.

      ____________________________________

      YES! Exactly! Thank you.
      I watched Clint Eastwood's movie last nite, Magnum Force,
      and the very last line in the movie he says...
      "A man has got to know his limitations."

      Gene: The Vast Living Universe is filled with us tadpoles, and it
      hopes that from all of this protoplasm, a few mature frogs will
      emerge. Protplasm is cheap; conscious experience is valuable. Nothing
      is random.

      > I keep trying to sort out whether one thing is the right thing
      > or is it the other thing which is the right thing but in moments
      > of clarity I can see neither is or both are; makes no difference
      > at all really.

      Yes, in the long run, in the big picture, everything is just 'fine'.
      If a person is 'stuck' in the synthetic timeframe of 'identity', many
      things seem 'right' and 'wrong'. Leaving such identity-bound
      timeframes, even for a few moments, will yield the telling
      difference, which is never forgotten. It is this moment of knowing
      the 'difference which is no difference' which you allude to above.

      The Vast Living Universe wants us all to succeed, but it knows that
      only conscious experience equals success. Many individuals fail to
      see beyond individual identity, beyond collective identity, beyond
      'no identity', into how each moment reveals the intentions of the
      living system in which we are imbedded. To see how each thing that
      happens is actually a powerful promotion and forwarding of the
      intention of this living system in which we are imbedded, is to
      understand just how to take the lead that is always offered, and to
      thus be able to dance gracefully with what is happening.

      In this regard, submission allows our leading partner to take us to
      places that inform and delight us.

      This is my submission,

      This I found in the rear of Method of the Siddhas...seems appropriate
      here...

      The Way of the Heart that Adi Da has Revealed is an invitation to
      everyone to assume real responsibility for his or her life. As Adi Da
      has said in the Dawn Horse Testament "If anyone is interested in the
      realization of the heart, let him or her first submit, formally and by
      heart, to me, and thereby commence the ordeal of self observation, self
      understanding, and self transcendence." Therefore, particpation in the
      way of the heart requires real struggle with oneself, and not at all a
      struggle with Adi Da, or with others.

      All who study the way of the heart or take up its practice should
      remember that they are responding to a Call to become responsible for
      themselves. They should understand that they, not Adi Da or others, are
      responsible for any decision they may make or action they take in the
      course of their lives of study or practice.

      I guess I just don't get it.
      ---
      Oh, now I see. You are trying to get the world to
      make sense. Oh no no no. It'll never happen. :-)

      Since when do
      >you have two "me's"??
      >
      >Politely just inquiring,

      I have a ____of the past,
      an alter ego,
      a doppelganger, an evil
      twin, and a shadow.
      Don't mess with me :-)
      Unless you're the same ;-)

      Love,
      NNobboddyy
      -----
      I'm Nobody! Who are you?
      Are you - Nobody - Too?
      Then there's a pair of us!
      Don't tell! they'd advertise - you know!

      ~ Emily Dickinson

      Hello, dears:

      Over 2500 years ago, the Buddha moderated a non-dual list and here is an
      instruction he gave to all the subscribers.

      "Monk subscribers, there are these five aspects of speech by which
      others may address you: timely or untimely, true or false, affectionate
      or harsh, beneficial or unbeneficial, with a mind of good-will or with
      inner hate. Others may address
      you in a timely way or an untimely way. They may address you with what
      is true or what is false. They may address you in an affectionate way or
      a harsh
      way. They may address you in a beneficial way or an unbeneficial way.
      They may address you with a mind of good-will or with inner hate.

      In any event, you should train yourselves: 'Our minds will be unaffected
      and we will say no evil words. We will remain sympathetic to that
      person's welfare, with a mind of good will, and with no inner hate. We
      will keep pervading her with an awareness imbued with good will and,
      beginning with her, we will keep pervading the all-encompassing world
      with an awareness imbued with good will -- abundant, expansive,
      immeasurable, free from hostility, free from ill will.' That's how you
      should train yourselves.

      Suppose that a person were to come along carrying a hoe & a basket,
      saying, 'I will make this great earth be without earth.' He would dig
      here & there, scatter soil here & there, spit here & there, urinate here
      & there, saying, 'Be without earth. Be without earth.'

      Now, what do you think -- would he make this great earth be without
      earth?"

      "No, Lord," said Neoananda. "Why is that?" asked the Buddha.

      "Because this great earth is deep & enormous. It can't
      easily be made to be without earth. The man would reap only a share of
      weariness & disappointment."

      "In the same way, monk subscribers, there are these five aspects of
      speech by which others may address you: timely or untimely, true or
      false, affectionate or harsh, beneficial or unbeneficial, with a mind of
      good-will or with inner hate. Others may address you in a timely way or
      an untimely way. They may address you with what is true or what is
      false. They may address you in an affectionate way or a harsh way. They
      may address you in a beneficial way or an unbeneficial way. They may
      address you with a mind of good-will or with inner hate.

      In any event, you should train yourselves: 'Our minds will be unaffected
      and we will say no evil words. We will remain sympathetic to that
      person's welfare, with a mind of good will, and with no inner hate. We
      will keep pervading him with an awareness imbued with good will and,
      beginning with him, we will keep pervading the all-encompassing world
      with an awareness imbued with good will equal to the great earth --
      abundant, expansive, immeasurable, free from hostility, free from ill
      will.'

      That's how you should train yourselves."

      And the Buddha and his monk subscrbers lived in peace for many weeks ,
      until Judiananda decided to post some ****...and then...well that is
      another quote. ,^))

      Water Night
      by: Octavio Paz

      Night with the eyes of a horse that trembles in the night,
      night with eyes of water in the field asleep is
      in your eyes, a horse that trembles,
      is in your eyes of secret water.

      Eyes of shadow-water,
      eyes of well -water,
      eyes of dream-water.

      Silence and solitude,
      Two little animals moon-led,
      drink in your eyes,
      drink in those waters.

      If you open your eyes,
      night opens, doors of musk,
      the secret kingdom of the water opens
      flowing from the center of night.

      And if you close your eyes,
      a river fills you from within,
      flows forward, darkens you:
      night brings its wetness to beaches in your soul.

      ____________________________________

      This nonduality work -- whether it's breaking away from the
      Kundalini list, or breaking away from the I AM list, or
      breaking away from the trend of nonduality web sites, or
      breaking the mold by listing you and you and you as nondual
      realizers and confessors because you are, or breaking away
      from being identified with any predominant world religion or
      teacher, or breaking away from the need for moderation, or
      breaking out of the persona of being the un-moderator --
      this nonduality work arises in the moment. Strangely, I miss
      neemyth. Because I know that what I just said is total
      bullshit. I need to break away from it. How about you? What
      do you need to break away from?
      -------
      There is no need
      to break away from anything, unless one is impatient - all
      things will in the course of events break away from "you"
      <[;-))

      "Watch deeply , then you will become the
      host and thoughts will be the guests. And
      as guests they are beautiful, but if you forget
      completely that you are the host and they become
      the hosts, then you are in a mess. This is what
      hell is. You are the master of the house, the house belongs
      to you, and guests have become the masters. Receive
      them, take care of them; but don't get identified with
      them, otherwise, they will become the masters."

      "Of course, there are bad visitors and good visitors,
      but you need not be worried about them. A good host
      treats all the guests in the same way, without making
      distinctions. A good host is just a good host: a bad thought
      comes and he also treats the bad thought in the same way
      he treats a good thought. It is not his concern whether the
      thought is good or bad.

      What are you doing once you make the distinction that
      this thought is good and that thought is bad? You are
      bringing the good thought nearer to yourself and pushing
      the bad thought further away. Sooner or later you will
      get identified with the good thought; the thought is the
      pretender and you get identified with it. Identification is
      the disease."
      Osho from "Only One Sky

      Everybody has a sorrow in his heart. We have radios and televisions; we
      have jet planes and motor cars; we have the best food to eat and most
      attractive dress to put on; we have got social status and position; we
      have got money to spend and to burn. There is nothing that we lack,
      materially speaking. But we are unhappy, we are sorrow-stricken and we
      have a grief at the bottom of our heart. This is the essence of the
      whole matter. This grief is present in every human being,--you, me and
      everyone--in spite of the fact that we have all comforts conceivable
      that can be bestowed upon us by science and industry. The purpose of the
      incarnation of these Masters is to point out where the crux of the whole
      problem lies. They are the physicians of the soul and they come to
      diagnose the illness of the spirit in man.

      We are dissimilar in every respect. We speak different languages and we
      have different ideals in social life. We eat different kinds of food and
      we have differences in every respect. But, there is one thing which
      keeps us together, and that is what we call the soul of man. Bodies are
      different, languages are different, houses are different, everything may
      be different, but the soul cannot be different. My soul and your soul
      are the same and they speak the same language. Though verbally I may be
      speaking a vernacular of India or the English language, somebody else
      may be speaking in French or German, the soul in all speaks in a single
      language. The language of the soul in the West is the same as the
      language of the soul in the East. The language of the soul of a man is
      the same as the language of the soul of a woman or that of a child, for
      the matter of that, because the soul is indistinguishable in its
      characteristic. While the characteristics of personalities may differ,
      the characteristics of the structure of the soul do not differ. So, here
      is a common ground for a real unity among all people.

      You do not 'have' a soul. You yourself 'are' the soul. So, do not say,
      'I have a soul inside me.' As I just mentioned, this is a peculiar
      baby's idea of the soul. What you yourself are, that is the soul. So,
      minus you what is the soul, and minus the soul what are you? They are
      identical. You are the soul; the soul is you.

      SWAMI KRISHNANANDA

      Absolute Awareness dawns with Perfect Clarity when the mind subsides
      into the Total Silence of the Self. The Unlimited Nature of "Now"
      becomes Fully Self-Evident. The Self Sees IT Self by It Self and Through
      It Self.