#3184 - Sunday, June 1, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2008
      Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online:
      http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3184, Sunday, June 1, 2008

      ----------

      In this moment, we are always at the mercy of the Whole. The mind
      weaves its web of pretend security that sort of buffers our
      perception of this, but in any moment, anything can happen to us. We
      are so here, at the mercy of whatever wants to catch us. When we are
      completely unprepared, naked, clueless and just here, there is a
      rightness about it. A softness and vulnerable feeling, but also a
      solid feeling of sitting on the throne of the Beloved, so sweetly
      open.

      If I'm not protecting myself from this moment, what's here? What's
      here to see I've never seen? What's absolutely so new that in paying
      attention to it, everything I thought I knew can drop away?

      We give ourselves mercy when we dare to be here without all of our
      stories of what must be wrong with us, what must need solving, and
      what must be done in order to just be here. When we give ourselves a
      break and simply let ourselves be.

      Now we can come to this moment, delivered from the weight of what our
      mind says must be, and instead find out what is. If we don't go to
      the mind, there's not much happening. And what is happening, what we
      can find happening if we don't go to the mind, just wants to be
      touched by us. Seen by us. Embraced by us. Let be, as it is.

      I sit up here at your mercy. I let you see all the way into the heart
      of me, without rehearsal or protection, without a clever plan. And
      that's what I invite from you also. Then it's just beauty beholding
      beauty.

      Not much here for the mind, in terms of entertainment, or anything to
      chew on. So if there's anyone who's used to being in their mind, you
      might find yourself wondering where the action is. It's in your
      heart, in your gaze, in your beholding. In the complete flinging open
      of the doors, in the complete offering of what's there. Just to rest
      here forever.

      When we look out from Love, all is already done. Already fed. We just
      forget that we're fullness and Love, and then we go looking for it,
      trying to get back to it. Trying to get somebody to listen to us,
      just for five minutes. Instead of remembering, "Oh my God, I'm the
      feast itself!" So we can say, "I don't always feel like the feast,
      but I am the feast itself. I sometimes feel like a pack of a thousand
      beggars looking for the feast, but I am the feast itself." That's why
      the beggars come and visit you; that's why there are so many of them.
      They heard a rumor that you're a feast and they didn't wait for the
      invitations to be printed. They came running.

      It is not theoretical that we are Love. It's not something we have to
      wait to connect to when we've said enough prayers or sat enough hours
      in meditation. If we wander just for a moment away from the tyranny
      of the mind, we either run into Love Itself or a beggar. And if we
      pat the beggar and say, "Oh, my dear, you've come for the feast! Here
      I am," we return to love. When we forget we're the feast, and we
      start thinking that the beggar is a sign of something very horrible;
      then we just run around in crazy beggar clothes for awhile. So we
      slow down to hear and let ourselves be completely consumed by these
      beggars we've been kicking out the door, locking in the basement,
      tying up and telling to go away for the last however long. Let them
      have you.

      Radiant beauty - that's what you are. You can't help it, even on your
      worst days. We forget to look for the radiant beauty in ourselves and
      outside of ourselves. We're conditioned to look for the slime. We
      don't need to participate in our own sliming; we don't. When you rest
      in Love, all is done. All is good. All is perfect. All is well.

      Pride is interesting. How the frightened body-mind builds and builds
      and builds its little tower up here all by itself, aboe everything,
      out of the reach of what you fear might get you. And Truth just comes
      in and goes "Hoowagh!" And you find yourself lying on the ground with
      everybody else; we all end up on the ground. It's the only place we
      can come from that's true.

      Stay in that beautiful, naked, not-knowing. May you live always
      there. It takes a little while to get used to it. It's very, very raw
      and uncomfortable, and plenty of people will let you know that that's
      true, complete with details about what you should be doing to make
      them more comfortable about your willingness to hang out in the void.
      Let's just call it what it is. People say they're being helpful, but
      they're freaked out. Bless their hearts. You don't need any help; you
      are right at the core and center of the Truth. No worries. Just
      perfect. Naked, clueless. Me too.

      Namaste, much LOVE,

      Jeannie Zandi