#3180 - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2008
      #3180 - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights -

      A HUNDRED OBJECTS CLOSE BY

      I know a cure for sadness:
      Let your hands touch something that
      makes your eyes smile.

      I bet there are a hundred objects close by
      that can do that.

      Look at
      beauty’s gift to us—
      her power is so great she enlivens
      the earth, the sky, our
      soul.

             Mira  16th c. Indian poet-saint

      Pure beauty, benediction: you are all I gathered
      From a life that was bitter and confused,
      In which I learned about evil, my own and not my own.
      Wonder kept dazzling me, and I recall only wonder,
      The risings of the sun in boundless foliage,
      Flowers opening after the night, universe of grasses,
      A blue outline of the mountains and a shout of hosanna.
      How many times I thought: is this the truth of the Earth?
      How can laments and curses be turned into hymns?
      Why do I pretend when I know so much?
      But the lips praised on their own, the feet on their own were running,
      The heart was beating strongly, and the tongue proclaimed adoration.

                Exiled Polish poet Czeslaw Milosz

      I went to an abandoned strawberry field today, now it is filled with many different flowers.

      http://www.ferryfee.com/bluesky/Strawberry_field.html

       http://www.ferryfee.com/bluesky/On_a_small_flower.html

       Alan

      The reality that is present to us and in us:
      call it Being…Silence.
      And the simple fact that by being attentive,
      by learning to listen
      (or recovering the natural capacity to listen)
      we can find ourself engulfed in such happiness
      that it cannot be explained:
      the happiness of being at one with everything
      in that hidden ground of Love
      for which there can be no explanations….
      May we grow in grace and peace,
      and not neglect the silence that is printed
      in the center of our being.
      It will not fail us.

             Thomas Merton in “Prayers for Healing”

      A Zero-Circle

      Be helpless and dumbfounded,
      unable to say yes or no.

      Then a stretcher will come
      from grace to gather us up.

      We are too dulleyed to see the beauty.
      If we say Yes we can, we'll be lying.

      If we say No, we don't see it,
      that No will behead us
      and shut tight our window into spirit.

      So let us not be sure of anything,
      beside ourselves, and only that, so
      miraculous beings come running up to help.

      Crazed, lying in a zero-circle, mute,
      we will be saying finally,
      with tremendous eloquence, Lead us.

      When we've totally surrendered to that beauty,
      we'll become a mighty kindness.

             Rumi