#3173 - Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 21 7:42 PM

      #3173 - Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights

      "Confused by thoughts,
      we experience duality in life.
      Unencumbered by ideas,
      the enlightened see the one Reality."

      --Hui  Neng

      posted by Tom McFerran

      photo by Bob O'Hearn

      Enlightenment is the sudden recognition that non-duality
      is, has always been, and will always be the reality of
      our experience. Duality is an illusion. Consciousness is
      not private and personal, but impersonal, universal, and
      eternal. There is no limited personal entity, no conscious
      ego. The ego is a perceived object, not the all perceiving
      awareness.

      --Francis Lucille

      posted by Mark Scorelle to Wisdom-l

      This is from 'Living Truth' by Jean Klein:

      What we are looking for is our nearest. The question is the answer, because the answer was before the question. Otherwise there could never be a question. Any other answer would be only an object. We are the ultimate subject. What we profoundly are can never be an object. Understanding this immediately produces a reorchestration of energy. Looking for something, achieving something, grasping for something, living in end-gaining, becoming-all this eccentric energy comes to a stop. It is not a process of will; it is a natural giving up. In the stillness which follows, we are completely available.

      Allow whatever desires to come, to come, because you can never go to it, it can only come to you. We can never go to it because there is no way to go to it and nobody to go there. It is the instantaneous awakening of our totality which is neither outside nor inside, neither introversion nor extroversion.

      It is not a state because in a state you go in and you come out. It is the light, permanent light, eternal light, which is behind all perception. This openness is our real nature where there is nobody open and nothing is open. There is only openness. It can never be named, because it is without any quality. That is why it is the ultimate negative state.

      We are so accustomed in our life to functioning in subject-object relationship on the level of the mind. it is mainly the personal entity which we believe we are which hinders us from being available. Speaking simply, one should be free from being somebody. In the state of openness there is no place for somebody, for an I-concept. The question "Who am I?' is the answer. There is no other answer. It is the living answer.

      gill
      Allspirit Website:
      http://www.allspirit.co.uk

      Quotes from