#3166 - Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2008

      #3166 - Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights -

      There is, Oh Monks, a not-born, a not-become, a not-made, a
      not-compounded. Monks, if that unborn, not-become, not-made,
      not-compounded were not, there would be no escape from this
      here that is born, become, made and compounded.
      -- Buddha

      "In the pursuit of Knowledge, every day something is added.
      In the practice of the Way, every day something is dropped.
      Less and less do you need to force things,
      until finally you arrive at non-action.
      When nothing is done, nothing is left undone."
      --Lao-tzu

      Eight photos by Alan Larus

      It utterly  overwhelms the imagination to consider the size and
      complexity of our cosmos with its billions of galaxies and trillions
      of planetary systems, all partaking in a continuous flow of
      creation.  How can it be so vast, so subtle, so precise, and so
      powerful?  Metaphorically, we inhabit a cosmos whose visible body is
      billions of light years across, whose organs include billions of
      galaxies, whose cells include trillions of suns and planetary
      systems, and whose molecules include an unutterably vast number and
      diversity of life-forms.  The entirety of this great body of being,
      including the fabric of space-time, is being continuously regenerated
      at each instant.  Scientists sound like poets as they attempt to
      describe our cosmos in its process of becoming.  The mathematician
      Norbert Wiener expresses it this way:  "We are not stuff that abides,
      but patterns that perpetuate themselves; whirlpools of water in an
      ever-flowing river." Physicist Max Born writes, "We have sought for
      firm ground and found none.  The deeper we penetrate, the more
      restless becomes the universe; all is rushing about and vibrating in
      a wild dance." Physicist Brian Swimme tells us, "The universe emerges
      out of an all-nourishing abyss not only 12 billion years ago but in
      every moment."

      posted by Tom McFerran

      Alan Watts - On Nothingness

      Alan has us take nothing into consideration.