#3155 - Saturday, May 5, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3155, Saturday, May 3, 2008

      If I keep a green bough in my heart,
      then the singing bird will come.

      - Chinese proverb, posted to The_Now2

      Forever Oneness,
      who sings to us in silence,
      who teaches us through each other.
      Guide my steps with strength and wisdom.
      May I see the lessons as I walk,
      honor the Purpose of all things.
      Help me touch with respect,
      always speak from behind my eyes.
      Let me observe, not judge.
      May I cause no harm,
      and leave music and beauty after my visit.
      When I return to forever
      may the circle be closed
      and the spiral be broader.

      - Bee Lake (an aboriginal woman), posted to DailyDharma

      Pure Silence is within you. It is not just the absence of sound, or lack of noise. It is the ground, the basis of your very being. There is nothing to find out, nothing to prove. Just listen with your whole being to what is here, now. It is the most amazing thing you can ever discover.

      It is with you now. It is you. The only way to find this is to stop everything else. Everything! Just be!

      - Mark McCloskey

      Why are you so afraid of silence,
      silence is the root of everything.
      If you spiral into its void,
      a hundred voices will thunder messages you long to hear.

      - Rumi, from Hidden Music, Maryam Mafi & Azima Melita Kolin, from Wahidudden's Web

      Spiritual knowledge is nothing but this: that there is a constant longing in the heart of man to have something of its origin, to experience something of its original state, the state of peace and joy which has been disturbed, and yet is sought after throughout its whole life, and never can cease to be sought after until the real source has at length been realized. What was it in the wilderness that gave peace and joy? What was it that came to us in the forest, the solitude? In either case it was nothing else but the depth of our own life, which is silent like the depths of the great sea, so silent and still. It is the surface of the sea that makes waves and roaring breakers; the depth is silent. So the depth of our own being is silent also.

      And this all-pervading, unbroken, inseparable, unlimited, ever-present, omnipotent silence unites with our silence like the meeting of flames. Something goes out from the depths of our being to receive something from there, which comes to meet us; our eyes cannot see and our ears cannot hear and our mind cannot perceive because it is beyond mind, thought, and comprehension. It is the meeting of the soul and the Spirit.

      - Hazrat Inayat Khan, from Volume VII, In an Eastern Rose Garden, Silence, from Wahidudden's Web

      A Great Silence overcomes me,
      and I wonder why I ever thought to use language.

      - Rumi, from Wahidudden's Web