#3153 - Thursday, May 1, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2008

      #3153 - Thursday, May 1, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Journey Prayer

      I wish you peace upon your path my friend
      and if you do not have any that you can find
      share in some of mine for a while
      until you find your own
      in the end though, you never will
      until you are willing to be alone

      And in that place that is not lonely
      or bereft
      the needs die and fall away
      desires reduce to food and water
      and to share an open heart
      is all that matters

      I wish you peace in this inevitability
      this alone place
      where we all will collapse inwards
      and die before we die
      and no amount of  "try"
      can conjure up hands to hold on
      to what you once were

      I wish you peace on your journey
      to this alone place
      where you will find a fullness that is emptiness
      and a well of love that is bottomless
      and a heart that feels endless and belongs to the world

      --Charlie Morris

      FROM A SITE VISITOR: So isn’t the prevention of ego really all about
      just staying awake to what we’re thinking and doing and assuring that
      we remain humble? Patricia

      F.: Hello, Patricia. The short answer is “No,” but an explanation of
      that response will be offered. Understand that “ego” is Latin for
      “I,” specifically, the false “I.”

      The only way that you could have “prevented” that false “I” from ever
      having been taken as something real would have been to prevent every
      adult, parent, politician, religious person, relative, friend,
      teacher, ad infinitum from subjecting you to programming and

      Yet that is not an option that children can choose, is it, so the ego
      cannot be “prevented.” Too, “humility” is just another man-made
      concept, and since the assumption of an ego-state immediately
      triggers the use of ego-defense mechanisms (including projection,
      rationalization, egocentrism, and egotism), what seems to be humility
      comes and goes as rapidly as a summer rainstorm.

      As for “staying awake to what you’re thinking,” it is that very
      process of thinking which fertilizes the beliefs in the false self /
      false selves…beliefs that were planted via programming and
      conditioning and enculturation and domestication.

      Those processes covered up awareness of your original nature, and the
      “mind” (which is a composite of lies) cannot possibly “think” its way
      into an awareness of truth. That truth, by the way, is accessed from
      within, never from without, but truth has been covered or blocked
      from “view” via programming, etc.

      So ego-states cannot be prevented. The ego-less state can only happen
      after the forfeiture of the belief that You are the body and / or
      “mind” and / or personality (or any personas assigned or adopted,
      including the two that are usually the last to be cast aside, namely,
      “The Religious Person” and “The Spiritual Giant”).

      When persons begin what they think is a “spiritual journey,” they are
      merely adopting what they take to be a “good” role to replace all of
      the earlier roles that their culture considered “bad” roles. The
      antidote for ego and egotism is not humility but is Realization.

      --Floyd Henderson

      "Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter
      is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration.
      That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively.
      There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream
      and we are the imagination of ourselves."

      "Here's Tom with the weather."

      -- The Late Bill Hicks, Comedian