#3122 - Monday, March 31, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2008

      #3122 - Monday, March 31, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights -

      "We should accept things just as they are.  .  .  .
      this kind of experience is beyond our thinking.  .  .  .
      variety and unity are the same.  .  .  .
      actually there is no need to think."

      Shunryu Suzuki.
      Zen Mind, Beginners Mind

      ~    ~    ~

      A myriad bubbles were floating on the surface of a stream.
      'What are you?' I cried to them as they drifted by. 'I am a
      bubble, of course' nearly a myriad bubbles answered, and
      there was surprise and indignation in their voices as they
      passed.

      But, here and there, a lonely little bubble answered, 'We are
      this stream', and there was neither surprise nor indignation in
      their voices, but just a quiet certitude."

      Wei Wu Wei
      Ask the Awakened

      Thanks to Tom McFerran

      The subtle, perfect essence of awareness is basically
      spontaneously open and calm, equanimous and pure, vast as
      space. It cannot be pointed out in terms of any concrete form,
      it cannot be approached in terms of location. It cannot be
      entered into by any door or road, it cannot be depicted or
      copied by the colours of the spectrum.

      --Wei-tse

      Thomas Cleary, Teachings of Zen, page 168

      Ben Hassine to AwakenedAwareness

      (My teacher) told me to throw away every strategy, every
      technique, every tool, and to just be here and receive what he
      was offering. It soon sank in: "He really means what he says.
      He is not teaching me a new mantra, or a new practice, or a new
      set of beliefs, a liturgy, a catechism, or a cosmology. He is not
      telling me 'what it all means' and 'what will happen' and 'why it
      came about'." He was asking me to release all of that from my
      mind. Not that any of it was wrong. It was just that the
      hodgepodge of spiritual concepts I had created could never
      rival unconditional reality. All of the holiest scriptures, texts,
      and practices come from truth and point back to truth, but
      there has to be a moment where you leap back into yourself.
      And that leap happens only right now, when you are naked of
      everything but yourself, when you are innocent of what you
      have learned about who you are.

      -- Gangaji

      The Diamond In Your Pocket

      Mark Scorelle to Wisdom-l

      When I was searching about, (not too long ago) looking for
      something, didn't know what it was at the time, I went down to
      London on the train to listen to Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee giving a
      talk on Rumi, Llewellyn is the present Shaykh in the lineage,
      (inherited from Mrs Irina Tweedie,) of The Golden Sufi
      Order, as he was speaking, questions built up one by one in my
      mind which I intended to ask him after the talk. . .

      He was sitting on the edge of the stage, I went to him and sat
      down beside him and said, "Llewellyn, I had a hundred things to
      ask of you, but I can't now think of one single question. He was
      eating dates at the time, he answered, "forget the questions,
      Tom, have a date."

      Thanks to Tom McFerran

      On the day when the lotus bloomed, alas, my mind was straying,
      and I knew it not. My basket was empty and the flower remained unheeded.

      Only now and again a sadness fell upon me, and I started up from my
      dream and felt a sweet trace of a strange fragrance in the south wind.

      That vague sweetness made my heart ache with longing and it seemed to
      me that is was the eager breath of the summer seeking for its completion.

      I knew not then that it was so near, that it was mine, and that this
      perfect sweetness had blossomed in the depth of my own heart.

      --Tagore

      Alan Larus photography