#3114 - Sunday, March 23, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3114, Sunday, March 23, 2008

      A visitor asked Ajnabi: "Why do you discourage people from coming to see you?"

      He said: "Because I cannot discourage them from seeing others." The visitor said: "I cannot fathom this mystery. What is the meaning of such a remark?"

      Ajnabi said: "'Going to see a teacher' is in itself a condition, a state which is generally divorced from the reason for seeing a sage. If a person goes to see a teacher partly because he is in need of going to see someone, that need to go to see will act as a barrier to his understanding. That is why it is better to go to a feast and taste revelry before going to see your teacher."

      The visitor said: "How can one discover that a visit was made for such shallow purposes as merely to visit someone?"

      Ajnabi said: "You can always tell at the departure whether the person has attained his objective. He radiates the same sensation as a man who has been to a market and gone home. Whether he has bought anything or not, he has been to a market."

      as colected by Idries Shah, posted to SufiMystic

      a true teacher
      takes what you do not have
      and gives you
      what is always yours.

      this is why
      the sage
      does his work
      and slips away
      unperceived.

      real masters are like thieves:
      only the ones caught
      are known.
      the best ones
      remain
      hidden.

      yet their blessed presence
      though unrecognized,
      continuously sustains
      the world.

      @}->,->'--
      Yosy Flug, posted to SufiMystic

      Pleasure and pain alternate. Happiness is unshakable. What you can seek and find is not the real thing. Find what you have never lost, find the inalienable.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      Our imperfect perception of the manifested world in terms of measurement, diversification and classification is the veil that maintains our commitment to illusion.

      One truth told always reveals a deeper truth.

      - Gangaji

      The highest truth
      cannot be put into words.

      Therefore the greatest teacher
      has nothing to say.

      He simply gives himself in service,
      and never worries.

      An awareness of the truth
      of the universe

      Should not be regarded
      as an achievement.

      To think in terms
      of achieving it,

      Is to place it outside
      your own nature.

      This is erroneous
      and misleading.

      Your nature,
      and the infinite universe

      Are none other than
      one and the same:

      Indescribable,
      but eternally present.

      Simply open yourself
      to your own True nature.

      - Laozi (aka Lao Tzu), from Hua Hu Ching, posted to Mystic Spirit