#3108 - Monday, March 17, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2008
      #3108 - Monday, March 17, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights -
      For St.Patrick's Day, there will be Irish poets! And music.

      “Stop being who you think you are, and be who you Are. Let yourself know what you already know.” — Adyashanti

      JLW: Could you say then that awakening is a shift from not seeing who we have always been to recognizing that?

      Suzanne Segal: Okay but that recognition doesn't change who you really are, ever.  You have always been That.  And yes there is a way that the Vastness Itself can perceive Itself so directly, without any fogging or shading or taking anything else to be who you are.  I guess you could call it a waking up, but what seems most important to convey is that this is who everyone is all the time, whether the direct awareness of it is there or not.

      from interview
      The Awakening West
      Lynn Marie Lumiere & John Lumiere Wins
      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      Turn sideways into the light as they say
      the old ones did and disappear into the originality
      of it all.  Be impatient with explanations
      and discipline the mind not to begin
      questions it cannot answer.  Walk the green road
      above the bay and the low glinting fields
      toward the evening sun.  Let that Atlantic
      gleam be ahead of you and the gray light
      of the bay below you,
      until you catch, down on your left,
      the break in the wall,
      for just above in the shadow
      you’ll find it hidden, a curved arm
      of rock holding the water close to the mountain,
      a just-lit surface smoothing a scattering of coins,
      and in the niche above, notes to the dead
      and supplications for those who still live.
      Now you are alone with the transfiguration
      and ask no healing for your own
      but look down as if looking through time,
      as if through a rent veil from the other
      side of the question you’ve refused to ask,
      and remember how as a child
      your arms could rise and your palms
      turn out to bless the world.
      ~ David Whyte ~
      (River Flow)

      Another Irish poet from Joe Riley
      Traditionally, I would post John O'Donohue's Beannacht ("Blessing") today to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day, but it was posted recently to remember him after his unexpected passing.  Instead, this is a poem from his final collection, To Bless the Space Between Us, "As a Child Enters the World."
      The photograph is of the cliffs of Moher (in County Clare, Ireland, for you infidels).
      The music is "The Immigrant" by Joannie Madden from the CD, Celtic Twilight 4.
      If you're interested:

      Q: If I follow this Way, and refrain from intellectual processes and conceptual thinking, shall I be certain of attaining the goal?
      A: Such non-intellection is following the Way! Why this talk of attaining and non-attaining? The matter is thus--by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking.

      --The Zen Teaching of Hunag-po, On the Transmission of Mind, page 86.
      Can the vast, running-river mind slow down, come to a halt? Not practising to halt it, but seeing what is there and ceasing to be swept up in it? If we human beings do not understand ourselves freely, profoundly, from moment to moment, there cannot be any intelligent, loving, and compassionate relationship among us. Division and sorrow will persist. Is this clear?

      The Work of This Moment, Toni Packer, page 20.
      posted to Awakened Awareness by Ben Hassine

      An Irish Blessing

      May the blessing of Light be on you -
      light without and light within,
      May the blessed sunlight shine on you
      and warm your heart till it glows like
      a great peat fire, so that the stranger
      may come and warm himself at it, and
      also a friend.
      And may the light shine out of the two
      eyes of you, like a candle set in two
      windows of a house, bidding the wanderer
      to come in out of the storm.
      And may the blessing of the Rain be on you -
      the soft sweet rain. May it fall upon your
      spirit so that all the little flowers may
      spring up, and shed their sweetness on the air.
      And may the blessing of the Great Rains be on
      you, may they beat upon your spirit and wash
      it fair and clean, and leave there many a
      shining pool where the blue of heaven shines,
      and sometimes a star.
      And may the blessing of the Earth be on you -
      the great round earth; may you ever have a
      kindly greeting for them you pass as you're
      going along the roads.
      May the earth be soft under you when you
      rest upon it, tired at the end of the day, and may
      it rest easy over you when, at the last, you lay
      out under it;
      May it rest so lightly over you, that your soul
      may be out from under it quickly, and up, and
      off, and on its way to God.

      Happy St. Patrick's Day!
      Susan Lucey

      For More than a Thousand Years