#3106 - Saturday, March 15, 2007
- Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm
Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3106, Saturday, February March 15, 2007
The disease is simple and the remedy equally simple. It is your mind only that makes you insecure and unhappy. Anticipation makes you insecure, memory - unhappy. Stop misusing your mind and all will be well with you. You need not set it right - it will set itself right, as soon as you give up all concern with the past and the future and live entirely in the now.
- Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to ANetofJewels
Take the first step in faith.
You don't have to see the whole staircase;
just take the first step.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., posted to The_Now2
When a person is at peace, they ought to be as alert as if they were in trouble; so they can forestall an unforeseen contingency. And when they are in trouble, they ought to be as calm as it they were at peace; thus they can bring to an end this crisis.
- Hung Ying-ming, from A Chinese Garden of Serenity, Reflections of a Zen Buddhist Monk,, posted to DailyDharma.
The Buddha compares his teaching to the rainfall that descends without discrimination on the earth. That this rain causes some seeds to grow into flowers and some into great trees implies no differentiation in the rain but rather is due to the capacities of the seeds that it nurtures. Thus, the teaching of the Buddha is of a single flavor but benefits beings in a variety of ways according to their capacity.
- Donald S. Lopez, posted to The_Now2
Awareness cleaned my mind
to a polished mirroring.
The presence came near, and I knew
that That was everything,
and I nothing.
- Lalla, version by Coleman Barks, from Naked Song, posted to AlongTheWay
God comes when the ego goes.
When you are nowhere,
He alone is everywhere.
He takes the position of your personality.
You vanish, and
He comes in, not before that.
- Swami Krishnananda, posted to Distillation
I am here, this moment, inside the beauty,
the gift God has given -
this gold and circular sign
means we are free of any duty:
out of eternity
I turn my face to you, and into
we have been in
love that long.
- Rumi, Ghazal (Ode) 2325, version by Coleman Barks, with Nevit Ergin, The Glance, posted to Sunlight