#3099 - Saturday, March 8, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3099, Saturday, February March 8, 2007

      That which is essential is invisible to the eye.

      - Antoine de Saint Exupery

      Happy in the morning
      I open my cottage door;
      A clear breeze blowing
      Comes straight in.
      The first sun
      Lights the leafy trees;
      The shadows it casts
      Are crystal clear.
      Serene,
      In accord with my heart,
      Everything merges
      In one harmony.
      Gain and loss
      Are not my concern;
      This way is enough
      To the end of my days.

      - Wen-siang

      ~ what's to gain? what's to lose? ...only what our
      determined-to-suffer mind sputters about... what would
      happen if today we made no effort to have or not have
      anything? if we just let the game play out with no
      interference on our part?... hmmmmm...
      hey! have a "serene" day, darlin's... can't be any
      other way...

      love, dg, posted to DailyDharma

      If you could only keep quiet, clear of memories and expectations, you would be able to discern the beautiful pattern of events. It is your restlessness that causes chaos.

      Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to ANetofJewels

      To become conscious of Being; you need to reclaim consciousness from the mind. This is one of the most essential tasks of your spiritual journey. It will free vast amounts of consciousness that previously had been trapped in useless and compulsive thinking. A very effective way of doing this is simply to take the focus of your attention from thinking and direct it into the body, where Being can be felt in the first instance as the invisible energy field that gives life to what you perceive as the physical body.

      - Eckart Tolle, from The Power of Now

      Push far enough towards the Void,
      Hold fast enough to Quietness,
      And of the ten thousand things none but can be worked on by you.
      I have beheld them, whither they go back.
      See, all things howsoever they flourish
      Return to the root from which they grew.
      This return to the root is called Quietness;
      Quietness is called submission to Fate;
      What has submitted to Fate has become part of the always-so.
      To know the always-so is to be Illumined;
      Not to know it, means to go blindly to disaster.
      He who knows the always-so has room in him for everything;
      He who has room in him for everything is without prejudice.
      To be without prejudice is to be kingly;
      To be kingly is to be of heaven;
      To be of heaven is to be in Tao.
      Tao is forever and he that possesses it,
      Though his body ceases, is not destroyed.

      Lao Tzu, from the Tao Te Ching