#3063 - Friday, February 1, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008

      #3063 - Friday, February 1, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Brahms, Vicki, Stephen, and Dante.

      Brahms - Violin Concerto in D major

      (thank you, Ben Hassine)

      Vicki Woodyard

      One's Own Truth

      To own one's own truth is what life is about. To reach the place where
      all of the bells ring....to heal the godforsaken stretches of your
      inner desertions....

      Yesterday I heard Gavin de Becker say that if someone cannot accept
      your "no," then they are trying to control you. After my husband died,
      I said three noes that first year. Two led to a desertion by the ones
      to whom I said no. And they each led to a deepening resolve to
      continue the practice of "no."

      "No" to the outer world is a yes to your inner world. And the inner
      determines the outer. It is daunting to go so deep into your own
      spirit that you understand that you are one with everything. It
      doesn't necessarily make you any happier.

      This morning as I entered the grocery store, one of the employees said
      a clear "I love you" into her cell phone. I told her it was so nice to
      hear her say that. She was speaking to her soulmate, she said, her
      husband of three years. I told her I was widowed...

      Being alone is not the end of the world. For me, it is a time for
      going deeper into what I have chosen. I want to be with myself from
      now on. In a way that heals inner division, in a way that comforts and
      stretches me. For this I must say "no" to things that do not nourish
      me. I am facing myself directly, which is a difficult thing to do. I
      often prefer to nibble at the cheesy things of this world. Like a rat,
      I sample American Idol, and that makes me want more. The world is like
      that...making you want more of what can never sustain you.

      So I sit here at the computer, wanting you to love me. But that is
      just another bite of cheese in the trap. What I really want is to love
      myself so clearly that I never say "yes" when I feel "no." That is a
      big, big thing. The bigger the truth,  the more it can change and heal
      you.

      We are all waiting for you
      to strike that one chord
      in your own heart.
      You know, the one you haven't
      strummed in so long.
      The one that will make us all
      stop for a moment and sigh...

      For we have enough false notes
      stored up in our music benches.
      We need to see your single finger
      pluck the harmony and sorrow chord
      so we will remember who we are.

      http://www.vickiwoodyard.com

      Stephen Wingate publishes an excellent newsletter: http://livinginpeace-thenaturalstate.com/Newsletter%20Main.htm

      Here's a selection found in Stephen's letter:

      From The Divine Comedy

      O grace abounding that had made me fit
      to fix my eyes on the eternal light
      until my vision was consumed in it!

      I saw within its depth how it conceives
      all things in a single volume bound by Love,
      of which the universe is the scattered leaves;

      Substance, accident, and their relation
      so fused that all I say could do no more
      than yield a glimpse of that bright revelation.

      I think I saw the universal form
      that binds these things, for as I speak these words
      I feel my joy swell and my spirits warm.

      —Dante