#3058 - Sunday, January 28, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3058, Sunay, January 27, 2007

      There was a house, and in the house there was a person; now the person is gone and the house is demolished. The sum total is, whatever experiences you have, whether for a day or for years, it is all illusion. The experiences begin with knowingness. What is the most ingrained habit you have? It is to say "I Am'. This is the root habit. Words and experiences are unworthy of you. This habit of experiencing will not go until you realize that all this domain of the five elements, are unreal, This "I Amness" is itself unreal.

      - Sri Nisargadatta, posted to ANetofJewels

      Nonduality (Advaita) means "Not Two".
      It points to the Oneness at the Heart of all things.

      But it's not a "state" to be reached,
      not something that some individuals "have" and others don't.
      It's more like awakening from a dream, and realising, with crystal clarity,
      that it was only ever a dream.
      It's like being a newborn baby again. Present. Open. Uncontaminated.
      Seeing with fresh eyes. Seeing for the first time.
      It's not an intellectual understanding. It's not contained in words or systems of thought.
      It's your True Nature.
      And you don't need to do anything to see your True Nature,
      because you already are It. Fully.

      Still, seeking for It may happen.
      And for the dream character, all that apparently needs to happen,
      is for the seeking to end, once and for all.
      And to the dream character, nonduality teachings may appear to be helpful.
      Until the seeking ends, that is, and the dream teachings dissolve,
      and with great Laughter, and great Lightness,
      the dream character dissolves with them.
      And then it's all over, and there is only ever THIS, and nobody to know it.

      Radical nonduality is radical freedom.

      - Jeff Foster

      During the day I praised you and I didn't know
      At night I laid with You and I didn't know
      I had thought that I was myself
      but I was entirely You and I didn't know

      Jalaluddin Rumi

      When it comes to describing what you are, all words are false. All the pointers are provisional. That does not mean you cannot use them, but they are all limited. YOU are not a word, an idea or a pointer. You are, but what you are cannot be described or grasped, even though it is self-evident. Thoughts come and go before you. Even the state of consciousness comes and goes. Even the witness comes and goes. You are there at the root of it all, the inescapable one who cannot be denied. That is the point which is beyond all pointers!

      - John Wheeler

      For see!
      The Self is in all beings,
      And all beings are in the Self.
      Know you are free,
      Free of 'I',
      Free of 'mine.'
      Be happy.

      The Ashtavakra Gita (15-6) Translated by Thomas Byrom

      All is well....nothing to do, nothing to be....nothing to become. What you are right now is perfection....where you are is perfect, too. There is no becoming. There is only This, now, being what is...

      No need to struggle, to understand, to attain or give up.....just being what you are, now, is enough. More than enough...

      You are being breathed, lived....you are Life itself. Nothing belongs to you, you are everything and there isn't anything, and that is what you are as well. All labels and definitions are not true....the truest truth is unspeakable, and you are That.

      Resting and moving, knowing and not-knowing, you are beyond all dualities, even beyond your capacity to know, to see, to be. What is beyond everything known and unknown? You are That.

      And it's so mind-blowingly simple....always, always, always here...This....YOU....all endeavor, all effort, all need, all want - where are they now?

      - Mary McGovern