#3057 - Saturday, January 26, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3057, Saturday, January 26, 2007

      The tragedy of human history is decreasing happiness in the midst of increasing comforts.

      - Swami Chinmayananda

      Mulla Nasruddin used to carry a door with him wherever he went. When somebody asked him about it, he replied: ''It is just a security measure. Nobody can enter my house except through the door. So I carry the door.''

      - posted to SufiMystic

      Every time you look into the face of fear, it disappears but if you keep looking to the shadow, it grows and grows.

      - Satyananda

      You are free once you understand that your bondage is of your own making and you cease forging the chains that bind you.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      You do not acquire happiness. Your nature is happiness. Bliss is not newly acquired. All that is done is to remove unhappiness.

      - Ramana Maharshi

      Even a learned man must bow before an illiterate Sage. The illiterate man is simply ignorant; the learned man is learnedly ignorant; the Sage is also ignorant, because there is nothing for him to know.

      - Ramana Maharshi

      a sage is an imageless mirror
      reflecting nothing
      when you realize you don't exist