#3054 - Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2008
      #3054 - Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Love is the universal order, we are the atoms;
      love is the ocean, we are the drops.
      Love has offered us a hundred proofs;
      we are looking for reasons.
      Through love, the heavens are ordered;
      without love, suns and moons are eclipsed,
      Through love what was bent is made straight;
      without love, what was straight becomes bent.

       - Rumi

      The surest sign of spiritual progress is a total
      lack of concern about progress.  There is an utter
      absence of anxiety about anything like liberation
      and a sort of hollowness in one's being, a kind of
      looseness and involuntary surrender to whatever
      might happen.

       - Ramesh S. Balsekar

      The Wisdom of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

      "Learn to live without self-concern. For this you must know your own
      true being (swarupa) as indomitable, fearless, ever victorious. Once
      you know with absolute certainty that nothing can trouble you but your
      own imagination, you come to disregard your desires and fears,
      concepts and ideas and live by truth alone."

      "It is not the worship of a person that is crucial, but the steadiness
      and depth of your devotion to the task. Life itself is the Supreme
      Guru; be attentive to its lessons and obedient to its commands. When
      you personalize their source, you have an outer Guru; when you take
      them from life directly, the Guru is within."

      "True happiness is uncaused and this cannot disappear for lack of
      stimulation. It is not the opposite of sorrow, it includes all sorrow
      and suffering."

      "Ordinary people look to their surroundings,
      while followers of the Way look to Mind,
      but the true Dharma is to forget them both.
      The former is easy enough, the latter very difficult.
      Men are afraid to forget their minds,
      fearing to fall through the Void [Chaos]
      with nothing to stay their fall.
      They do not know that the Void is not really void,
      but the realm of the real Dharma."

      - Huang Po

      Our original nature is, in highest truth, devoid of any atom of objectivity.
      It is void, omnipresent, silent, pure;
      it is glorious and mysterious peaceful joy -
      and that is all.
      Enter deeply into it by awakening yourself.

      - Huang Po

      We all came into this world gifted with innocence,
      but gradually, as we became more intelligent, we lost our innocence.

      We were born with silence,
      and as we grew up we lost the silence and were filled with words.

      We lived in our hearts,
      and as time passed we moved into our heads.

      Now the reversal of this journey is enlightenment.
      It is the journey from the head back to the heart,
      from words back to silence;
      getting back to our innocence in spite of our intelligence.

      Although very simple, this is a great achievement.

      - Eckhart Tolle

      Love will be enlightened when we come into contact
      with that bliss which is free from any condition or object.

      It must be thoroughly understood that we have no need
      to acquire love, because in the depths of ourselves
      we are 'desire for perfect bliss',
      or in theological language, 'Love of God'.

      No one needs to acquire or increase love,
      but only to enlighten it on its true aim.

      - Jean Klein