#3053 - Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2008
      #3053 - Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Featured are Vicki Woodyard, Eric Putkonen, and Stephen Wingate.

      Vicki Woodyard

      Just finished Born Standing Up, by Steve Martin, a great read. Probably
      influenced this terse fling of wordage at the wall...

      12/31/07

      The most confusing word in the English language is “and.” But only if
      you are trying to wake up. As long as you enjoy a state of sleep, “and”
      is a perfectly good word. You see, there is no you and me...only us.
      Only everything, only infinity and all that implies. No separation, no
      boundaries or bondage. Just everything experienced at once. Helluva ride.

      God knows this because He created the word “and” just to throw us off
      the scent of nonduality. Once we understand “and” as only a mental
      concept, we are His, lock, stock and barrel. And the life-long energy to
      end suffering is returned to us a thousand-fold. We are rich. Cosmic
      Beverly Hillbillies roaming the streets of Rodeo Drive buying ostrich
      boots for everybody. If the cosmicshoefitswearit.

      “And” can still be used as a spacer, but you know the truth about the
      measly little word. There is no black and white, only
      blackwhiteallcolorstogetherconsciousness. No more bride and groom, but
      bridegroommaritalblissarising. How’s that for a splendiferous contradiction?

      I can hear it now. Someone is whining, “Well, then, how will we make
      babies?” Same way we always have, you idiot. I didn’t say words had a
      thing to do with making babies, now did I?

      Vicki Woodyard
      http://www.bobwoodyard.com
      Here is the link to Vicki's new audio page:

      http://www.bobwoodyard.com/Audio.html

      I enjoyed this podcast by Eric Putkonen very much. --Jerry

      We think we are separate from the world...that we have what is inside
      us and what is outside us, but in reality we are akin to a mobius
      strip. Because we have not realized the "twist", we do not recognize
      that there is no outside. There really no separation, which would
      require a barrier with more than one side. Nonduality is the idea that
      there is no other and the mobius strip is something with no other
      side.

      One to One

      Egoic Interactions and Confrontations

      Q: What effect does realizing one's true nature have on one’s relationships? Isn’t it difficult to relate to someone who is caught up in the ego when you are free of that?

      A: It’s much more difficult for two egos to relate. The egoic experience is one of insecurity, lack, and fear. Believing yourself to be an individual ego, your relationships are fundamentally insecure, lacking and fearful. Knowing yourself as pure awareness and not a separate ego, your relationship with everyone and everything changes.

      Q: But isn’t it frustrating to interact with others who are completely caught up in their ego? Don’t you feel like you’re being pulled into egoic interactions and confrontations?

      A: This realization reveals the fact that everything is happening, and that there is no one who is doing anything. Even the ego, which is the personal sense of doer-ship, is just happening. Does the ego create the ego? Seeing that there is no one in control here in me, it is also seen that there is no one in control in the other. Who is confronting whom? All interactions and confrontations are the Source interacting with and confronting itself. Along with this is a sense of acceptance of whatever is happening. There is no one here accepting things, but there is a sense of acceptance. Confrontational interactions arise and fall: awareness remains pure, peaceful, and unaffected.

      Writing from: The Outrageous Myths of Enlightenment -Stephen Wingate
      http://livinginpeace-thenaturalstate.com/StephenWingate.htm

      Art by Diane Whitehead