#3045 - Monday, January 14, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2008
      #3045 - Monday, January 14, 2008 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Limitless undying love that
      shines around me like a million suns
      It calls me on and on
      Across the Universe

      John Lennon, 1968

      God is Shining Through...

      "Life is this simple. We are living in a world that is absolutely transparent, and God is shining through all the time.

      This is not just a fable or a nice story. It is true.

      If we abandon ourselves to God and forget ourselves, we see it sometimes, and we see it maybe frequently.

      God shows Himself everywhere, in everything – in people and in things and in nature and in events.

      It becomes very obvious that God is everywhere and in everything and we cannot be without Him. It's impossible. The only thing is we don't see it."

        Thomas Merton

      All I want is the truth

      John Lennon, 1971

      ****************

      Yes is the answer
      And you know that for sure
      Yes is surrender,
      You gotta let it
      You gotta let it go

      John Lennon
      Mind Games, 1973

      ****************

      Give peace a chance!
      Just give it a chance!
      We aint giving any gospel here -
      Just saying how about this version for a change?
      We think we have the right to have a say in the future.
      And we think the future is made in your mind.

      John Lennon, 1980

      ****************

      It's fear of the unknown.
      The unknown is what it is.
      And to be frightened of it
      is what sends everybody scurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace,
      love, hate, all that.
      It's all illusion.
      Unknown is what, what it is.
      Accept that it's unknown and it's plain sailing.
      Everything is unknown.
      Then you're ahead of the game.
      That's what it is.
      Right?

      John Lennon, 1980

      The mind can't fathom that there can be a true intelligence, a
      transcendent intelligence, that isn't the product and outcome of
      thought and conceptual understanding.

      It can't fathom that there could be wisdom that's not going to come
      at you in the form of thoughts, in the form of acquired and
      accumulated knowledge.

      The true spiritual urge or yearning is always an invitation beyond
      the mind. That's why it's always been said that if you go to God, you
      go naked or you don't go at all.
      It's the same for everybody. You go
      in free of your accumulated knowledge, or you are forever unable to
      enter.

      So an intelligent mind realizes its own limitation, and it's a
      beautiful thing when it does.

      When you stop holding on to all of the knowledge, then you start to
      enter a different state of being. You start to move into a different
      dimension. You move into a dimension where experience inside gets
      very quiet.

      The mind may still be there chatting in the background, or it might
      not, but consciousness is no longer bothering itself with the mind.
      You don't need to stop it. Your awareness just goes right past that
      wall of knowledge and moves into a very quiet state.

      In this quietness, you realize that you don't know anything simply
      because you aren't looking back to the mind for its acquired
      knowledge. This quietness is a mystery to the mind. It is something
      unknown. As you go into depth, you literally go into a deeper
      experience of what seems to be a great mystery.

      Now the mind might come in and want to know what's going on and
      start to define everything, but that's not going to bring any more
      depth. The mystery just keeps opening to itself if you let it -- if
      you let go of control.

      As acquired knowledge is left behind, what is found is that you have
      left your familiar sense of self behind. That self only existed in
      the accumulation of knowledge and experience.

      Something very interesting happens when you leave it all behind,
      because you are literally leaving your memory behind.

      You leave behind who you thought you were, whoever you thought your
      parents were, and everything else you thought and believed. Yesterday
      is gone.

      Then a very interesting thing starts to be noticed: you can leave
      all of that behind and still you are -- you are right here and right
      now. So what you are becomes even more mysterious.

      Adyashanti

      "Deep peace of the running waves to you
      Deep peace of the flowing air to you
      Deep peace of the quiet earth to you