#3044 - Sunday, January 13, 2008

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3044, Sunday, January 13, 2007

      It is non-violence only when we love those that hate us. I know how difficult it is to follow this grand law of love, but are not all great and good things difficult to do? Love of the hater is the most difficult of all. But by the grace of God even this most difficult thing becomes easy to accomplish if we want to.

      - Mohandas Ghandi

      All disease is a means towards some new joy of health, all evil & pain a tuning of Nature for some more intense bliss & good, all death an opening on widest immortality.

      - Sri Aurobindo

      One of the most obvious manifestations of Nonduality is love.

      One of the most obvious manifestations of Duality is hate. It's so easy, when you aren't hooked into what the hating observer is seeing with their judgemental eyes, to see that that what they are hating is just another story they are telling themselves. Usually, it is a story that someone has taught to them. When people hate, it can be a doorway moment. If you find yourself hating it can be much easier to realize that you are locked into a fiction.

      A few months ago I was sitting with a client on my back porch and we were doing Chi Lel. It is sort of like Tai Chi, but the focus is entirely on healing the body. For anyone curious...www.medicinebeginswithme.com We were looking out at the trees, I live in a forest, and it was a very peaceful moment. All the sudden this thought popped into my head and I asked her,

      "Why don't you hate trees?"
      "ummm, what do you mean?"
      "Trees...do you hate them?"
      "No, of course not."
      "And no one really seems to, do they?"
      "No, I guess not.
      "Why do you think that you don't hate trees?"
      We both looked at the forest, the trees swaying in the wind, she was not answering and just waiting.

      "It's because no one ever taught you to."

      When living in the state that we have come to call Nonduality there literally is no hate, no reason to hate at all.

      So, if you are finding yourself hating...don't stop! Keep going, but with your eyes open. Seek it's source, who taught you to think that way? What purpose does feeling hate serve in your life? Trying to stop hating, just because you may think it is 'unspiritual' is just avoiding where you are. And you are always where you are meant to be.

      Peace, or not, Charlie, posted to the Nonduality Community on LiveJournal

      Don't surrender your loneliness so quickly.
      Let it cut more deeply.
      Let it ferment and season you,
      As few human or even divine ingredients can.
      Something missing in my heart tonight
      has made my eyes so soft,
      my voice so tender,
      my need of God absolutely clear.

      - Hafiz

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself in this love.
      When you lose yourself in this love,
      you will find everything.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself.
      Do not fear this loss,
      For you will rise from the earth
      and embrace the endless heavens.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself.
      Escape from this earthly form,
      For this body is a chain
      and you are its prisoner.
      Smash through the prison wall
      and walk outside with the kings and princes.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself at the foot of the glorious One.
      When you lose yourself
      before the One
      you will become the One.

      Lose yourself,
      Lose yourself.
      Escape from the black cloud
      that surrounds you.
      Then you will see your own light
      as radiant as the full moon.

      Now enter that silence.
      This is the surest way
      to lose yourself....

      What is your life about, anyway? -
      Nothing but a struggle to be someone,
      Nothing but a running from your own silence.

      - Rumi

      hmmm... can we let go being someone today? Let's see
      what happens.

      - DharmaGrandmother, posted to DailyDharma

      When all the false self-identifications are thrown away, what remains is all-embracing love.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I Am That

      The Freshness

      When it's cold and raining,
      you are more beautiful.

      And the snow brings me
      even closer to your lips.

      The inner secret, that which was never born,
      you are that freshness, and I am with you now.

      I can't explain the goings,
      or the comings. You enter suddenly,

      and I am nowhere again.
      Inside the majesty.