#3039 - Sunday, January 6, 2007

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2008

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3039, Sunday, January 6, 2007

      The very idea of going beyond the dream is illusory. Why go anywhere? Just realize that you are dreaming a dream you call the world, and stop looking for ways out. The dream is not your problem. Your problem is that you like one part of your dream and not another. Love all, or none of it, and stop complaining. When you have seen the dream as a dream, you have done all that need be done.

      I am at any moment where attention is.

      - posted by Z, to NondualitySalon

      Once I, Chuang Tzu, dreamed I was a butterfly
      and was happy as a butterfly.
      I was conscious that I was quite pleased with myself,
      but I did not know that I was Tzu.
      Suddenly I awoke, and there was I, visibly Tzu.
      I do not know whether it was Tzu
      dreaming that he was a butterfly
      or the butterfly dreaming that he was Tzu.
      Between Tzu and the butterfly
      there must be some distinction.
      [But one may be the other.]
      This is called the transformation of things.

      - Chuang Tzu, posted to AdvaitaToZen

      You read the
      Spiritual guidebooks.
      God on $25 a Day.

      You are inspired.
      You can't wait to see
      All the sights
      So eloquently described.

      It all sounds

      Much more exciting
      Than what you have at home.

      But the fear sets in
      When it's time to leave.
      You try to pack
      Everything you own.
      Now you can't move
      For the weight of it

      . Ram Tzu knows this...

      If you finally go
      You'll travel light.

      - Ram Tzu, from NO WAY for the Spiritually Advanced

      When a tailor cuts the cloth for a garment piece by piece,
      does anyone strike him,
      saying, "Why have you torn this choice satin?"
      Whenever the builders repair an old building,
      don't they first ruin the old one?
      Likewise the carpenter, the blacksmith, and the butcher -
      with them too there is destruction before restoration.
      The pounding of the myrobalan
      becomes the means of restoring the body to health.
      Unless you crush the wheat in the mill,
      how will there be bread on your table?

      - Rumi, Mathnawi IV:2348-2353, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, Rumi: Jewels of Remembrance, posted to Sunlight

      Essentially the realization of enlightenment
      brings with it the sudden comprehension that
      there is no one and nothing to be enlightened.
      Enlightenment simply is. It cannot be owned,
      just as it cannot be achieved or won like some
      trophy. All and everything is oneness, and all
      that we do gets in its way by trying to find it.

      - Tony Parsons, fronm As It Is - The Open Secret of Spiritual Awakening, posted to AlongTheWay

      Essence, Self, knowledge of Self, and pure Being are all the same, except pure Being is beyond being and non-being. Consciousness can be pure or impure. When impure it is the jiva (individual soul) wherefrom duality arises. Ishwara, unlimited and unconditioned, is identical to pure consciousness.

      All actions are performed by the Ishwara principle (Word, God or consciousness, I am), which is time-bound and has its being in the unknown. So what is there to do?

      What Ishwara (the Lord) does, you do, but your True Nature ever remains the same.

      What can you do that will be to your advantage, or disadvantage, when you are already the Self? You can only abide as the Self by refusing to give the stamp of Reality to anything else.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      Love truth like your life depends on it, you know? It's totally fine to come to these events and get a hit of yum and go back home and plug back into the group think. But it is also possible to hear in this message an invitation for a complete and radical transformation and departure from the place where we've been trained like dogs to live. Say goodbye to the grey fog of distraction. So you're either living a cry of joy or living a cry of agony, and nothing in between.

      - Jeannie Zandi