#3026 - Monday, December 24, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2007
      #3026 - Monday, December 24, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      A Christmas message from Joel Goldsmith

       _____________

      "A Christmas message should be a message of peace. Our thoughts turn
      from the peace the world is seeking to the true peace-"My peace" which
      when men are ready to receive it, comes with healing of mind and body.
      The world seeks a peace that can never be found while its sense of peace
      is but an absence or cessation of war."

      "The world is seeking peace "out there" but peace is to be found  in
      entertaining the Prince of Peace within our own individual beings.  Let
      us, therefore, no longer seek the peace the world is seeking but,
      rather, "The peace of God which passeth all understanding." "Peace I
      leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give
      I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.""

      "The sun and the sunbeam are one, the sun itself -the sunbeam is the
      sun's way of appearing to us.  Just so, you and I, as individual beings,
      are one with God-God appearing as your form and as mine.  You can no
      more escape from God, Good, than the sunbeam can escape from the sun."

      "" No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or
      putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which
      enter in may see the light.""

      ""Ye are the light of the world.  A city that is set on an hill cannot
      be hid" and as you realize this Truth you become a Light in your home
      and in your community.  And the moment you recognize that Light in
      friend or neighbor-wherever there is a receptive thought-you kindle the
      light in him. That makes you a lamplighter.  That is what we all
      are-lamplighters-and so let us remember the gentle words of the master:"
      "Let your light so shine before men.""

      Selected Excerpts from "The Infinite Way Letters 1955"  Christmas 1955,
      Joel S. Goldsmith

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      The world is no more than the Beloved's single face;
      In the desire of the One to know its own beauty, we exist.

      Each place, each moment, sings its particular song of not-being
                   and being.

      Without reason, the clear glass equally mirrors wisdom and
                   madness.

      Those who claim knowledge are wrong; prayer just leads to
                   trance;

      Appearance and faith are mere lees in the Unknowing Wine.

      Wherever the Footprint is found,
      that handful of dust holds the oneness of worlds.

      This earth, burnished by hearing the Name, is so certain of Love
      That the sky bends unceasingly down, to greet its own light.

      - Ghalib

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      Christmas Hotei photo by Bob O'Hearn

      Moya Brennan - Lumen (Eurovision 95 interval)