#3013 - Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2007

      #3013 - Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Dustin LindenSmith presents...

      Dustin writes in the Nonduality Community of Live Journal: http://community.livejournal.com/nonduality/

      Howdy pardners.

      The fourth podcast for the Nonduality Highlights is now online. It's under 10 minutes in length:

      http://lindensmith.com/nonduality/ndh_p odcast_004.mp3

      In this episode, I've read selections from Issues #3003 and 3004 of the Nonduality Highlights, both of which were edited by Mark Otter. These feature a reminder by Robert Adams that everything is as it should be, a dialogue with Francis Lucille, and a bit from The Niz which I recognize from having recorded parts of it in Jerry Katz's Nisargadatta Song of I Am.

      Also included in today's podcast is musical accompaniment by the great Miles Davis Quintet. Freddie the Freeloader is the second track on that seminal album from 1959,
      Kind of Blue. Hailed by some critics as the greatest jazz recording of all time, it marked the first recorded introduction of modal music and extended-form improvisation into modern jazz. The album also showcased the ripening talents of a 23-year-old tenor saxophonist named John Coltrane, along with a fascinating young composer and pianist named Bill Evans. Both of these artists, as with so many of the band members Miles selected for himself over the years, went on to have outstanding careers in jazz music. Each of them made superlative contributions to the genre.

      Guest Editor Vicki Woodyard brings us this news:

      “The Reverend John Logan made his gentle passing just before 3 p.m
      Thursday afternoon. He died surrounded by family and loved ones,
      peacefully and simply, between one breath and the next.”

      I knew something was wrong, or John would have replied to my last
      email. Three weeks later, I received the above word of his death.
      Later I was to learn that he had a massive heart attack followed by
      pneumonia and a stroke. No doubt he is still with us all.

      Many people online benefited from John’s wisdom and clarity. Having
      survived throat cancer, he shared directly and openly what he knew
      about the spirit world. I met him when my husband was dying and I
      looked forward to his gentle and supportive words. And then one day
      they stopped.

      The silence is deafening.

      Vicki Woodyard

      And some words from Yosy and Jill:

      Jill: John Logan was, indeed, a very great spirit, and a kind and
      helpful, sensitive friend to many in this sangha and many, many,
      beyond it.

      Yosy: * oh yes, dearly beloved john... he was a truly wise man, and
      his presence would be missed... but his spirit will live among us
      always. free at last from the fetters of this world.

      may all his near and dear find full consolation,

      yosy (wishing us all a fast and easy death when the time comes...)

      And here are some words from the late Robert John Logan (Lotusaware)

      The part of grief that is transformed occurs when we remember the
      love and realize that the loss of a body cannot ever take away the
      love which is in the heart. Bodies die; love never dies.

      In Chapter 32 of the Tao Teh Ching one translation reads

      "Tao in the world is like a river going home to the ocean."

      I see the "Named Tao" as equivalent to "Life".

      Now it reads

      Life in the world is like a river going home to the ocean!

      I share that with you, Love, John

      A lovely photo from Alan Larus and a closing poem written by John Logan:

      More important, much more important is the bird sitting on a tree
      branch singing his song to the world.

      More important is the blade of tall grass dancing in the wind.

      More important is the laughter of a child at play.

      More important is the couple walking down the street holding hands,
      no matter what their age.

      More important is the stillness of the night with stars shining.

      More important is the storm, with wind and rain.

      More important is just a touch of kindness, a word of caring, a
      moment of compassion.

      More important is the awareness of stillness and silence in which
      everything is just as it is.

      John L.

      Little Stone

      Little stone,