Sunday Highlights from Jerry's NDS Dancehall!

  • Lynne Helwig
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2000
      For me, the goal is to
      have a free and open
      heart.

      I find that it just so happens
      that when my heart is free
      and open [non reactive], that.
      my awareness shifts from
      a dual to a nondual perspective.

      Melody

      Jesus said:
      If those who teach you say to you,
      'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,'
      then the birds of the sky will get there before you do.
      If they say to you,
      'It is in the sea,'
      then the fish will go before you.
      Rather, the Kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you.

      Recognize what is in front of you, and what is hidden from you
      will be
      revealed to you, for there is nothing hidden that will not be
      made manifest.

      Jesus said: I am the Light that is above them all. I am the all;
      the all
      came forth from me, and the all returned to me. Cleave a piece of
      wood: I am
      there. Raise up a stone, and you will find me there.

      James Bean

      We have forgotten how to wait; it is almost an abandoned space.
      And it is our greatest treasure to be able to wait for the right
      moment.
      The whole existence waits for the right moment. Even trees know
      it--when it is time to bring the flowers and when it is time to
      let go of all the leaves and stand naked against the sky. They
      are still beautiful in that nakedness, waiting for the new
      foliage with a great trust that the old has gone, and the new
      will soon be coming, and the new leaves will start growing.
      We have forgotten to wait, we want everything in a hurry. It is a
      great loss to humanity....
      In silence and waiting something inside you goes on growing--your
      authentic being. And one day it jumps and becomes a flame, and
      your whole personality is shattered; you are a new man. And this
      new man knows what ceremony is, this new man knows life's eternal
      juices.

      Osho, Zen: The Diamond Thunderbolt Chapter 10

      Commentary:

      There are times when the only thing to do is to wait. The seed
      has been planted, the child is growing in the womb, the oyster is
      coating the grain of sand and making it into a pearl.
      This card reminds us that now is a time when all that is required
      is to be simply alert, patient, waiting. The woman pictured here
      is in just such an attitude. Contented, with no trace of anxiety,
      she is simply waiting. Through all the phases of the moon passing
      overhead she remains patient, so in tune with the rhythms of the
      moon that she has almost become one with it. She knows it is a
      time to be passive, letting nature take its course. But she is
      neither sleepy nor indifferent; she knows it is time to be ready
      for something momentous. It is a time full of mystery, like the
      hours just before the dawn. It is a time when the only thing to
      do is to
      wait.

      Amen Melody!

      ----------hmmmmmmmm, i'm not so sure that intellect can restore
      love and unity, but an intellect educated in the dharma, and
      tempered
      in the heat of suffering could help you from going insane, when
      Love
      comes to town and shatters everything you hold sacred.
      Matthew

      "this too shall pass" Matthew

      To me love is sharp as a sword. It cuts to the quick.
      It is that moment when you see things as they really
      are and you fall on your knees and beg forgiveness
      for being so imperfect. In that moment you are stripped
      of all the phoniness, all the "bathing in the resonance of"
      kind of stuff. Life is hard. Marcia

      Yes, and indescribably
      beautiful.

      Then you realize there's
      nobody from whom to beg
      forgiveness -- there's
      just you and the mirror
      showing you your pretense,
      your elaborate self-image. Bruce

      RUMI:

      My heart is burning with love.
      All can see this flame.
      My heart is pulsing with passion
      like waves on an ocean.

      My friends have become strangers
      and I'm surrounded by enemies.
      But I'm free as the wind
      no longer hurt by those who reproach me.

      I'm at home wherever I am
      and in the room of lovers
      i can see with closed eyes
      the beauty that dances.

      Behind the veils
      intoxicated with love
      I too dance the rhythm
      of this moving world.

      I have lost my senses
      in my world of lovers. Thanks Melody

      In your light I learn how to love.
      In your beauty, how to make poems.

      You dance inside my chest,
      where no one sees you,

      but sometimes I do, and that
      sight becomes this art.
      ~Rumi
      ~~~~

      Melody:

      How easy it would be to believe
      one is crazy or deluded when one
      begins to open to this 'resonance of love'.

      So many people willing to tell you

      "you're a fool!"
      "you're crazy!"

      And there is nothing
      to 'anchor' to....nothing to trust in -
      other that what is arising with you,
      moving thru you, enveloping you.

      To discover voices such as Rumi's,
      Meera Bai's....even Osho's...
      can be a real blessing
      at such a pivotal time.

      From the beginning of my life
      I have been looking for your face
      but today I have seen it.

      Today I have seen
      the charm, the beauty,
      the unfathomable grace
      of the face
      that I was looking for.

      Today I have found you
      and those who laughed
      and scorned me yesterday
      are sorry that they were not looking
      as I did.

      I am bewildered by the magnificence
      of your beauty
      and wish to see you with a hundred eyes.

      My heart has burned with passion
      and has searched forever
      for this wondrous beauty
      that I now behold

      I am ashamed
      to call this love human
      and afraid of God
      to call it divine

      Your fragrant breath
      like the morning breeze
      has come to the stillness of the garden.
      You have breathed new life into me.
      I have become your sunshine
      and also your shadow.

      My soul is screaming in ecstasy
      Every fiber of my being
      is in love with you

      Your effulgence
      has lit a fire in my heart
      and you have made radiant
      for me
      the earth and sky

      My arrow of love
      has arrived at the target.
      I am in the house of mercy
      and my heart
      is a place of prayer.

      ~Rumi

      > This is however something that has been growing over
      > years. It started with the growth in awareness. It has now taken on
      > something in addition, the growth of love. It comes from within, or
      > perhaps without, or perhaps everywhere, maybe nowhere, perhaps it is
      > what I am. It waxes and wanes. At its peak I cannot contain it, or
      > bear it yet.

      Beautifully stated, neo.

      I remember saying something very similar once.
      A very wise man responded privately (saying essentially):

      "Don't try to contain it....or to bear it.
      Lose yourself in it......melt *into* it."

      Melody

      my heart is not lonely, I am free of all that
      nonsense.
      I've seen into all that so-called love nonsense and seen that it
      was
      nothing but suffering. (ed. this is your separate truth Judi?)

      Life for me now is lived with humor and
      understanding, free of all that.

      outside of the "looking for love" there is freedom
      and it turns out that is who we are, we are freedom itself. I
      invite you to
      explore that and to see for yourself. You don't have to work
      yourself up into
      some kind of emotional frenzy in order for you to see and
      understand. Be sane. Simply understand. There's nothing more to
      it than that.

      I kid you not. There is only freedom, only consciousness itself.
      Outside of time and space.
      There is no "going back". Judi

      I am not lonely either. I believe loneliness is a fear of being
      alone.

      Love as coming from some "object out there" is nonsense.

      Love that comes from within may be nonsense but I do not think
      so. I
      believe it is our true nature. It seems that love has come
      looking for
      me.

      Sometimes I think we assume that we know more than we do.

      Yes, consciousness itself is that one. I am beginning to wonder
      or
      believe that the realization of the unity of consciousness is
      only the
      beginning, only just the start. As Gangaji is fond of saying: Go
      deeper.
      Neo

      It is easy to discuss issues of boundaries, separation,
      difference
      and distinction, but apparently it is difficult to perceive all
      of
      this, everything, as a single conversation.

      It is difficult to portray this ongoing single conversation; if I
      speak of it, I am by convention, obligated to frame it in terms
      understandable to the casual reader. If I ignore convention, and
      fail
      to illustrate exactly how this is 'so', the casual reader will
      reject
      what I say; thus, what I say will be 'falling on deaf ears'. The
      casual reader uses conventional filters, as protection against
      what
      would threaten their access to 'where they get their identity',
      which
      is the 'world-dream'.

      So, ignoring convention once again, I speak not to the casual
      reader,
      but to those who can 'already hear'.

      A word is no more meaningful than a pebble on a beach. The
      difference
      is, that words stand as a class of objects which have long been
      defined as being components of language, while a pebble on the
      beach
      has long been defined as an object in a class which is (by
      definition) NOT a component of language. The truth of this is,
      however, that the pebble is indeed language, as is everything;
      and
      everything, speaking together, is what we refer to as 'reality'.
      The
      hidden joke, is that the 'casual listener' cannot hear this
      powerful
      language, and thus cannot hear their own voice and how it
      participates in the single conversation; the casual listener is
      conditioned to listen only to predefined 'word-objects', and to
      ignore the meanings stated by everything else. It is the
      aggregate
      voice of everything, speaking all at once, which is the vast song
      of
      harmony which sings 'us'. We are in the literal womb of our
      creator,
      continually nurtured, and given every opportunity to 'get with
      it',
      and yet, the casual observer persists in missing this thundering
      reality.

      Yes, cee, I agree that 'we do not hear a single thing'. 'We' are
      so
      protected from that 'single thing' that we have had to invent
      'religions' to substitute for ongoing communion with 'a single
      thing'.

      The 'world-dream' has nothing to say about this 'one thing';
      those
      who derive identity from world-dream identifications, cannot
      'afford'
      to 'hear a single thing', for at the moment the 'single thing' is
      actually heard, the world-dream pops like a soap-bubble.

      Gene Poole

      Sandeep says that the path of the
      Heart requires the heart of a lion. :-) Melody

      Language is a set of filters (properly called grammars) which are
      used exclusively to create distinction; it is difficult to use
      language in a way that makes distinction work to illustrate
      similarity.

      "Things are not as they seem; nor are they different".

      Discussions of similarity use distinction-creating words to
      'prove'
      similarity by a process of eliminating difference, to the point
      of
      revealing similarity. In reality, only words create this
      distinction,
      but few speakers have mastered the art of using words in a manner
      that does not inherently lead to separation. If we could 'learn
      talk' in a manner that could transcend the usual inherent effect
      of
      words, we could speak without creating illusory boundaries
      between
      ourselves.

      Many speakers (and I include Jerry, Dan, Xan, and Greg in this
      category) speak from a deep assumption of similarity or even
      identicalness. Words can be used fearlessly, when speaking from
      this
      place. Speaking from this place, words are tools, not masters.

      Rumi and others succeed in implying 'unity' 'oneness'
      'nondistinction' 'equality' and thus communicate acceptance,
      which is
      the essence of love. Speaking in such a manner is an art, which
      defies conventional language usages, and opens the possibility of
      living the reality known by the artist.

      Living in love, is so delicious, that one will not threaten their
      own
      allowance to do so; that is why, the patterns of speech of those
      who
      actually live in love, succeed in persistently communicating the
      essence of love, to those who read such words. The artist is
      making a
      subtle plea to the reader, to give up the life of separation in
      favor
      of the life of love, and to husband this conversion, by
      disciplining
      the speech of self, to remain within the constraints of
      liberation.
      The artist is pleading with the reader, to learn to speak in a
      similar manner, thus to reform the deepest inner thoughts and
      assumptions. So reformed, language is naturally used as a force
      open, rather than close, the mind and heart of those who are
      listening.

      Thank you,

      ==Gene Poole==

      Timeless, singular, at the nadir
      existence spills into the now
      in infinite variety,
      like a billion trees with one root,
      each vying with the other
      for the light of life,
      unknowing that they are
      of one root,
      of one beginning,
      of one being.

      Mace (from Gloria Lee)

      From: bshanti@...
      Subject: "secretary to mountains"

      hi!
      this is a poem from Ngodup Paljor (1947-1988.) "His poems were
      written
      while drinking tea near noisy streams."
      (from "What Book?" Gary Gach, editor)

      "Robert Frost and I
      Have one thing in common
      He loves woods
      And so do I
      But, there seems to be
      A big difference
      In the way we set forth
      In life's journey
      He is a goer,
      And I am a sitter
      He has miles and miles to go
      Before he sleeps
      Whilte I have years and years to sit
      To reach the same destination"

      as a robert frost fan, myself, i'll just note that i've always
      seen
      robert frost asserting all of his going and choosing in order to
      negate
      it. his "i took the road less traveled by , and that has made
      all the
      difference" is, IMHO, an example of an ironic assertion.

      miles to go? go where? :-)
      Robert Frost knew this! to surrender, or to melt into what is
      and to
      likewise find and express the beauty there resonates with this
      heart. .
      .
      "One could do worse than be a swinger of birches." -- robert
      frost

      i think frost would concur with another of Paljor's
      poems:

      "exhausted by jogging
      I stopped near a creek
      and took a flowing lesson
      from the water
      and a sitting lesson
      from the
      rock."

      no time for a walk, no time for school--
      but lotsa rocks. . .here now. . . Gen

      Life Is Free

      Have a good laugh for free!
      Think, but not too deeply!
      You're life's expression
      Avoiding depression
      Life's light looks out of you!
      Got nothing better to do!

      Just help yourself to the beans and rice.
      Be the bestest person you know how.

      Laugh when happy
      Cry when sad
      Eat when hungry
      Be good when being bad (if you know what I mean)
      Don't take yourself too serious
      And you won't go too mad!

      HAHAHAH and HOHOHOHO!
      Peace and Love Abiding - St. Michael the Demented

      ps Enlightened beings cat fighting - turns me on! Michael Read

      I only ask you to consider what I have to say. I went to several
      Holotropic Breathing workshops with Stan. I went "whole hog
      including the postage" as far as Holotropic Breathing is
      concerned.

      The setting is that you totally oxygenate your body and while
      lying
      on your back and listening to incredibly emotionally evocative
      music. You can't help but enter into an altered state much like
      taking
      LSD. But you must consider that, as Charles Tart says over and
      over
      again, altered states are not necessarily higher states. They may
      serve a purpose somehow or another but in the long run just
      become addictive in my opinion.

      The road is long and the path narrow and you certainly can't
      get through the eye of a needle with your camel. Consider
      that all the imagination surrounding altered states is really
      a camel. Marcia

      We are free to point out what we see as important, and we are
      also free to release ourselves from such evaluations.

      If there is no "I", there is (also) no "thou". To have a "we",
      needs and you and a me.

      It is that simple; that, in a nutshell, condenses all of the vast
      wisdom of 'nonduality' into a veritable electron of conceptual,
      duality-busting verbiage, to be launched at the aggregate
      molecule of
      the world-dream. "Shields on full!"

      Desire and aversion are indeed the great, cosmic ping-pong
      paddles of 'duality'. And 'we' are the long-suffering ping-pong
      ball, which is getting paddled, back and forth.

      Whose hands hold those paddles?

      Be careful to NOT mix levels:

      _ 1 Relative does NOT cancel absolute

      _ 2 Absolute does NOT cancel relative

      Ego is the _teacher_ of the immature, and the invisible companion
      of
      the mature. It is possible to 'Be' any-where in this
      glorious construct, as an act of will, deliberately.

      I am deliberately Being where I am Being.

      Gene

      lovely awareness is... Lynne