#3005 - Monday, December 3, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2007
      #3005 - Monday, December 3, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      It's sheer illusion
      to try to separate
      the phenomena
      from the Reality,
      and then try
      to love phenomena first.
      It just doesn't happen that way.
      Naturally
      we end in failure.

      You don't have to try
      to achieve
      unity with others.
      It is fallacious thinking
      and doing.
      Realize the unity
      of everything
      and everyone
      within you
      first.

             - Swami Amar Jyoti

      "In Light of Wisdom"
      posted to Along The Way

      "Saints and mystics throughout history have adorned their
      realisations with different names and given them different faces and
      interpretations, but what they are all fundamentally experiencing is
      the essential nature of the mind. To see directly the absolute state,
      the Ground of our being, is the View -- it is nothing less than
      seeing the actual state of things as they are; it is knowing that the
      true nature of mind is the true nature of everything; and it is
      realising the true nature of our mind is the absolute truth."

      - Sogyal Rinpoche

      Nothing stands in the way of your liberation and it can happen here and
      now, but for your being more interested in other things. And you cannot
      fight with your interests. You must go with them, see through them and
      and watch them reveal themselves as mere errors of judgments and
      appreciation. Discard every self-seeking motive as soon as it is seen
      and you need not search for truth; truth will find you.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      "The tendency to see oneself as a separate entity causes suffering in us.
      This ego stops at nothing to achieve its goal of maintaining a separate
      and all powerful existence. Even sages and seers are constantly being
      challenged by this encroaching ego and need to keep a watchful eye
      on all their motives at all times."

      - Bhagavan Nityananda

      posted by Bob O'Hearn

      ...more on the essence of mind from Tabriz

      Now comes the final merging,
         Now comes everlasting beauty.
      Now comes abundant grace,
         Now comes boundless purity.

      The infinite treasure is shining,
      The mighty ocean is roaring,
      The morning of grace has come -
      Morning? - No!
      This is the eternal Light of God!

      Who occupies this beautiful form?
      Who is the ruler and the prince?
      Who is the wise man? -
         Nothing but a veil.

      The wine of love removes these veils.
      Drink with your head and your eyes -
      Both your eyes,
      and both your heads!

      Your head of clay is from the earth,
      Your pure awareness is from heaven.
      O how vast is that treasure
         which lies beneath the clay!
      Every head you see depends on it!

      Behind every atom of this world
         hides an infinite universe.

      O Saaqi, free us from the facade of this world.
      Bring wine - barrels full!
      Our eyes see too straight -
         straight past the truth!

      The Light of Truth shines from Tabriz.
      It is beyond the beyond
         yet it is here,
         shining through every particle of this world.

                -- Ghazal (Ode) 463
                   Version by Jonathan Star
                   "Rumi - In the Arms of the Beloved "
                   Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam, New York 1997 THE GLITTER OF THIS FANTASY

      posted by John Steinberg

      photo by Bob O'Hearn

      From Sharham Shiva/Ruminet:

      Dear Lovers of Rumi: We are very happy to share this news with you.
      Please click on the link below to listen to a lovely 26-minute program
      on BBC World Service called "Heart and Soul," hosted by Shusha Guppy
      and produced by Anne Khazam. This episode is on Rumi's 800th birth
      anniversary and it includes interviews with Shahram Shiva, Andrew
      Harvey and several others and even mentions Leonard Cohen's love of
      Rumi and how he found Rumi an inspiration. Don't miss it!

      Please click on the link below and then select: "Listen to Heart and
      Soul" to launch the player.
      <
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/heart_and_soul.shtml>

      This program will only be available at this link until Saturday,
      December 8th. We hope to be able to offer you a new link for this
      program after that date. Look for the new link in our "News" section
      at
      www.Rumi.net

      posted to Allspirit Inspiration  http://www.allspirit.co.uk/